Hey guys it's been a while since I've played I used to use the personal trainer on the andyviar website, but it's down and i'm sure the combat mechanics or something has changed since then anyways. I was just wondering what a good ratio of each stat to the total is or if it even matters? I just don't know what to train next, but I know I'm behind because I haven't played for so long.
Combat stat ratio
Started by StealYourFace [1824992] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 16
- Likes on archived posts
- 15
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- lickdapoo [1827223]
· 5 likes ·
you could just avoid training your stats, or being decent in any part of the game.... and compensate that with a plethora of shitposts in the forums... seems to work for a LOT of people... squeek squeek[:sick:]
Hey guys it's been a while since I've played I used to use the personal trainer on the andyviar website, but it's down and i'm sure the combat mechanics or something has changed since then anyways. I was just wondering what a good ratio of each stat to the total is or if it even matters? I just don't know what to train next, but I know I'm behind because I haven't played for so long.
Defense is winfense
But nah, Balanced stats are the way to go, my dude. Can't have a lot of strength if you don't have the speed to hit anyone.
As above stated, balance is the way to go, you can have someone little better than the rest but all are needed.
Balance. /thread
But uh. When your stats are low, nothing really matters. I think it is acceptable to whore STR and Speed until Georges is unlocked. Or SSL if youre taking drug free route.
If your current build isnt balanced and you arent in a hurry to balance out, I would suggest paying attention to how Mission fights go. Losing attacks against mission targets can help guide you towards figuring out which stat(s) you should train next.
Balance has a lot of anecdotal support, but I havent seen the research Ive wanted. Not all stats get the same amount of EDU passive bonuses, and when people showcase balance its always base stats being displayed, but rarely base stats AND passive/other affects being valanced.
Agreed about needing all 4 stats...but I never liked giving up gym dots. I'll come back and link a good gym thread that can help map your strategy.
Edit: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=15908072&b=0&a=0
There's enough variety in each successive gym to stay close enough to balance allowing for the best gains available...even better if you get a Special gym open.
Mentions: The Darkk-DemonSkye Gym Guide
Balance is the most versatile build, hence why it's often called the best, you can boost it many different ways (needles, companies, and so on)
Whilst there's other builds that are probably better in some ways, they could be slightly more easy to counter or are a bit more situational.
Ill suggest if you dont have the said cap stats you should try on training in str. And speed cap it and go back to another one and do more what ever you want :)
you could just avoid training your stats, or being decent in any part of the game.... and compensate that with a plethora of shitposts in the forums...
seems to work for a LOT of people...
squeek squeek[:sick:]
Balanced stats is better.
But, dex is more useful than other 3, and should be a little higher than other 3.
Balanced is great
But I think just having it slightly unbalanced, just enough to use special gyms might not be bad idea
Balance is the way to go.
All educations done give about 5-20% passive stat each, with merits you can boost them to 30something. However, from what I noticed, edu gives 19% passive dex in oppose of 5% passive str.
You can spend some merits and adjust the numbers accordingly depending on which stat you want to have more.
depends on how many stats you have
my goal is to hit 2b each stat, then move onto 5b def and onwards - there's a point that balance isn't really realistic and it's in the end game but until then try to maintain balance.
At this stage of your Torn 'career' balanced is the way to go.
Curious to hear what its like in the ens game and what adjustments will have to be made once youre up against all the monsters
i use 50% def, 25% speed, 25% str
on LSD my def gets buffed by 50% which is nice
For reference: Level #5532 and Battlestats #5866 atm
I'm holding my lvl right now, but training my stats more first
Balanced definitely hinders the opportunity to make a bunch of achievement threads, though. [:wink:]