Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Xmas and halloween town

Started by AngryVGNerd [1530413] on in General Discussion.

35 replies · 564 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
36
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

AngryVGNerd [1530413]

I tried bumping my post from last year but it wouldn't allow it. I had a poll last year asking if players wanted to just play the old version of Halloween town if noting new was ready. I would rather play anything and get some cans, candy and crap then have nothing except the events in the events section. New hallow town not ready? Just let us play the old one if it's not to much trouble. So, some people are sick of that old ass version? Who cares what you want then, don't play again. Some people never played the old version and for me, I just want some free stuff. Is Torn trying to not give a few free cans so nore players are forced to donate? Just let us play the hallow town, c'mon. I don't care if we play it in November because we obviously all got screwed over for October. Last year I had the thread, a lot of people felt the same way so why are we back to not launching hallow town?
Enigma [2025298]

Actually, the value of prizes for the events is pretty high...Fewer people win, but that's to encourage a spirit of competitiveness.

I'd enjoy Halloweentown, but I'd much rather have faction wars back. Speaking of... Bring back faction wars.
AngryVGNerd [1530413]

One year there were a lot of threads about it and they launched both. I cant remember if it was last year or 2 years ago or 3 years ago? All I know is there needs to be a lot of people requesting it for it to happen. I don't get why everyone has to keep requesting it tho? Just make it a permanent thing until something else new comes out. If there are no plans for updated Halloween town or Xmas town we are more then happy playing the old versions.

Bump and Vote!

[image: img.buzzfeed.com]
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

The last Halloween Town was three years ago.

Two years ago:

- Old Christmas down was opened during Christmas, due to popular demand.

- Ched said Halloween Town was discontinued in favour of an updated Christmas Town.

One year ago:

- No Halloween Town as per Ched the year before.

- New Christmas Town released, with promises for many updates this year (which have been happening if you keep an eye on dev's focus in the patch list.)






AngryVGNerd [1530413]

New xmas town, fine. discontinuing old halloween town is a bad choice. Many like the old Halloween town. Is it? or is it not easy to restore the old halloween town? If it takes little effort let the poll and torn players decide if we keep it or not. Torn has come a long way with taking action on making good suggestions actually happen, same thing here, listen to the Torn citizens.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

The old Towns were incompatible with mobile devices and are a breeding ground for multiple accounts.

I guess they were nice to get free cash, but even that gets boring, all people did was just walk around with a map, to the specified locations where they knew loot would spawn.

I liked the old towns, but I'm in favour of one properly managed, new, town as opposed to the shabby, no new content towns.
Grif [882958]

they also ran on a different system which when they plunked it into the new torn last time it ground the servers to a stand still
RadicalFanatic [1483140]

Except it excludes a large majority of players while halloween town was a fun thing for everyone.
Enigma [2025298]

How is anyone excluded? So many different events, surely everyone can find at least one to enter...

Everyone except AOW-DUDE...because he's forum banned. Rip
RadicalFanatic [1483140]

Not everyone has the time to become a photoshop master or want to go out and buy a pet, or have artistic talents. Many many events exclude the majority of players how many people vs the active population enter these events, vs how many used halloween town.