Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Closed*

Started by TornFalcon [2042205] on in Fun & Games.

54 replies · 265 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

OlafderGeiger [1998145]

Username: OlafderGeiger

First, the translation: The nick means "Olaf the violinist", and no, I do not play the violin, nor is my name Olaf.
So this is a bit hard to describe, because I was preeetty ****ing high when I first used that name in another game,
until it became somewhat of a favourite of mine:

I actually wanted to name myself after a character in a Modification of the game Gothic II, called "Odyssee",
who was named Olaf and played the violin at horrible times, so his mates from the militia buried his instrument somewhere around the castle they were stationed at. The protagonist has to search for this violin (and it took me longer than I am proud of).

OR SO I THOUGHT: The guys name was actually Oleg, and he played the lute. The ****ing lute.
big fail on my end. now i kinda like the name .-. it has grown on me.

edit: the reason i actually chose it is that i often have a tune in my head at the most ridiculous times, sometimes in the middle of the night and i just have to jump up from my bed, sit down at the piano or grab my guitar and play it.
BackAlleyBob [1902179]



Username: BackAlleyBob



This name is exclusive to Torn.

When I first signed up for this game, I read about how the game involved taking drugs, doing crimes and mugging other players. In every movie I've ever seen, the most shady types of people always hang out in the dark alleyways. Dark Alley didn't have much of a ring to it...so, I decided on Back Alley. In real life my name is Rob...so, it wasn't much of a jump to go by Bob.

Therefore, BackAlleyBob was born :)


Nightmare [1637448]

Username Nightmare

Used to be Shadowmanxx1, but my cousin was living with us and she did role-playing and said she always chose "root" names like -death, love, hate,rage,nightmare,beauty names people always tried to take first when signing up so they didn't get stuck with "killerdeath1998"

So was like hmm..lets try Death, taken...next I liked Nightmare, so popped that in and boom wasn't taken. I must have got hella lucky or that guy got banned maybe. I don't know but not getting rid of it.

Now that I'm decent ranked in stats it doesn't feel like I'm stealing it from some one who can use it to better effect.
2012323 [2012323]

My first name is Joseph, daily I go by Joe, and my Surname starts with a "V".

It is lowercase because, with the passage of time, some words originally derived from proper nouns can take on a life, and authority of their own, and no longer require capitalization.

joev
CATastrophic07 [2088434]

The story of my username is somewhat sad and happy. Let's start:

CATastrophic07

Cat :

When I was young.. I typically loved dogs rather than cats.. I would always make fun of them and sonewhat make there life harder.. when that game come that I can to live on the Northenside.. There we're not much dogs... only.. cats.. There was this one cat that started to always follow me around the housr and then prrr at me.. she always asked me for food when I had and would most of the time go around and back on my feet.. even if I shooed her away, she would always come back..



Long story short.. after I god back to where I nornally live.. I was told by my aunt that that cat died.. was eaten by a dog. That angered me a little and thus I began to love cats..



That CAT to be in particular.



Now let's go to catastrophic..

This is the world as we know it. This is what I lived on most of my childhood days..

Now the number zero(0)..

It's somewhat special because it looks something really familiar.. It's like a race track.. This is also lifr itself.. you live and get old and when you die.. your finished..

And last, but not the least.. 7..

I love this number. I really really do.. why? Because of it's uniqueness.. why?.. It is because if you count from one to ten...

That's the only number..

That has TWO syllables.





And that.. concludes the story of.. CATastrophic07

May I have enlightened your day. Godspeed to us all. Ciao~
Alan79 [1500171]

The origins of my username aren't very exciting. In the past for other games i have used various names like Trainstopper which was a variation of my favourite movie "trainspotting" when i was younger and Earthquake which had no interesting origin, as well as others I've long since forgotten. But if i stopped playing the games for any length of time and tried to go back to them it often became a pain trying to remember which name belonged to which game. At the time i was also running with three email addresses. One was used for yahoo chat. One was used for chatting on MSN and i had a third one for University work. So if i forgot my username in a game it became a pain to try and get email confirmation of the name I'd used. At some point i decided to make life easier.



Now my current username in the online games i play is Alan79, Alan_79 or Alan1979. Alan was due to the fact that it's my actual name and the 79 is because thats the year that i graced/cursed the world with my presence. It's a lot easier to remember and has saved me work if i ever go back to a game I'd long since given up playing.



Some of you have some very interesting stories to accompany your names. In hindsight i wish I'd picked a more interesting name in some ways to stick with, but this works for me now so I'll keep using one of the three varieties that i use.
Leak [1879410]

Leak

Sounds good and unique. If you can't handle too pressure, there will be a Leak. Life teach us to be strong despite of the problems we face everyday. Leak is the way we escape from too much pressure and time to think for our self and realize the meaning why the Almighty gave us life.
letsstart [1174175]

I heard about torn from a friend and what exactly it was all about. l realised that you're kind of a newborn initially and have to do daily gym to build yourself, and find a job and do crimes and that you can't die but only age and what not...and I found the idea quite intriguing. I found it very philosophical that here I am in real life, having a choice to being born in a new world and can control my fate on it! And hence came up with the name 'letsstart' ! The name represents birth, a metaphorical starting point and exactly defined the present situation at that time i.e, 'let's start' this awesome journey and see where it leads!
Mephesto [1932248]

Mephesto

Im a german demon sent to this world to cause chaos and create fear. Those who befriend me love me, but fear me. For they know what i am capable of becoming. If you see a mephesto in another game question who they are. We are always friends. But always fear who we will become
Melted [1874310]

Username: Melted

For online games which I sign up for, I like to have a name with no added numbers or characters. Just a name on its own. The usual names that I have used in the past - Icarus, Kiteless and Solaris - were all taken so keen to register as quickly as possible I started plucking random words out of thin air that have no real significance to me as a name. This process continued for a short time until I tried Melted which wasn't taken.
oops395740 [2039350]

I have always used this username for everything I do. My username for things started as oopsie, but evolved to just oops. The 395740 is my student ID number.
Riccr [2085980]

Riccr is actually a really weird and long story why i use this name. My name in real life is Ricardo however anytime i would use it online people would hate on me i don't know maybe because Ricarlongs the stereotypical hispanic or South American name. Instead of Ricardo i would use Rick because it sounded more "American" and it was the translation of Ricardo to English. Now how did i go from Rick To Riccr? I use a chromebook and somehow a whole diagonal row of keys including 8ik, would not work only those keys would not work ironically i needed one of those keys to spell Rick. As i was putting Ric i remebered the k key did not work so i just put my last name initial and my mom's maiden last name and there Riccr was born. Coincidence after coincidencr lead to my name which i find very unique hope you liked the story sorry if it was too long.
VinnyCarwash [1982831]

I have a normal gaming name, but this game was focused on crime so I googled real mob names. Vinny Carwash came up and I thought "that dude got that name cause he killed people at the carwash.... that's pretty badass." So here I am...

http://www.wnyc.org/story/195201-busted-tony-bagels-junior-lollipops-vinny-carwash/
dzbum [2078384]

I have used dzbum for over 20 years now in a wide variety of places. It dates back to when I was in the 82nd and would go to the drop zone on the weekends and attempt to get a few extra jump in from time to time. As time passed and I kept going eventually someone called me a bum for always hanging out trying to get extra jumps in. So there you have it, dzbum (drop zone bum).