This is the worst mentality to have around any change. The scripts are made to supplement Torn, not Torn to supplement the scripts. Changes will break user addons. It's up to those authors to adapt and fix it. If you don't like it, learn how to script and make those changes for yourself, rather than being patient and waiting for the author (who does it for free) to update the script for you.
That said, i don't see the problem with the new bars. The mobile one is pretty handy once you get used to it, especially with the ability to set the favorites and somewhat customize it, far better than the old, tiny icons, that were very hard to press if you had reasonably sized fingers.
As someone else said, i believe the reason for these updates before chaining 2.0 is because chaining 2.0 will most likely rely on this new functionality of live update bars and thus, this needed to be released first.
yeah, tiny icon gets miss clicked in phone especially with small display sized phone, this update is somehow linked to other update. so its, a must adapt feature...
Plus the old one didnt have text to describe the icons. I could never figure out where the **** I suppose to click while on mobile. In a rush I misclicked a ton. New one is way better.
The new sidebar is more mentally challenged and physically challenged than myself and the previous one combined. There was nothing wrong with the old one. Komrade Chedburnpenguin
I'm still not understanding the "there was nothing wrong with the old one" comments. The new sidebar is not about visual changes, more about the live functionality. Would be helpful if there was actually constructive feedback, rather than just the "I hate change" stuff. Thanks Tadd! ;-;
My issue is not so much with the menu itself. But with how this change is done.
The staff know very darn well there are tons of people that would like an option that lets them select which links they do and which they don't want. I am pretty sure there are a lot of people, who never ever touch the HOF for example. Or some even the casino or forums, as they always use the forum link on top of the page (next to help and rules).
Why do you think people make userscripts to begin with?
Especially on phones it would be helpfull if people could go to the items market directly instead of having to go to the city first and from there go to the items market.
I do know how to make some of these scripts, but I am not that experienced with it all and I am completely unknown with this new react shit.
I honestly think the best way staff could do this, is to make a page in options and let us select which links we want or dont want. And then when opening torn, it reads which you want from your settings and displays those only, regardless whether you are on phone ( prob icons for phone) or PC. This instantly solves any trouble anybody could have. Sure it takes a bit more coding from the staff side, but EVERYBODY would be happy. Besides, with the amount of time it has taken already, I am somewhat shocked it is not like that.