Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Refills- warning Rage

Started by Blackjack-x [981452] on in General Discussion.

38 replies · 751 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Blackjack-x [981452]

So I come back home from work, ready to use my refill for the day and I notice it says 'free'

anyway long story short after i found out that I have been 'Cheded' again I had to use my little free time to make this rage thread.



I have 42 inactive refills and ones from server problems. Ched gave some of those refills as reimbursement, WHY would he want to force us to use it over points refill?



I understand if refills becomes imabalanced and provide superior benefit to some. Adress the issue and figure out a sensible option rather than forcing people to waste all those refills.



I planned to store my refills until I found the book that gave +100 energy or even dexterity gym gain book. To be forced to use it WITHOUT any WARNING is just absurd.



Ched you are running a buisness and as much as you may not like it, we the players are your customer. TIME and TIME AGAIN you manage to fail us. I have been actively playing for this year 2017 and there was always some sort of issue such as Cheds PP drama and Chain 2.0 joke.



You seem to make decisions without thinking through the eventual impact.



I would love to go on for couple of pages but I dont have time.

From the bottom of my heart, what I have seen this past year 'insert swear word here'.



I will most likely get fedded, but Ched have a think about your management style.

cheers and good night
Armag3ddoN [1966136]

I had 2 refills from the servers issues and I just used them.

While I understand your points, I have a question for you: Why would you, with 42 weeks of inactivity, be entitled to have that book more beneficial to you than any other player that played constantly?


RadicalFanatic [1483140]

To give the inactive player an incentive, and to reduce the huge gap created by being inactive(which isnt much but something at least)Honestly as a inactive player the free refills keep me playing for longer periods of time partly due to the refills and getting back into training and growing.
Beerstein [1322136]

You don't know ched very well if you think you'd get fedded for that.

Anyways yeah, it was definitely a surprise to me. Sucks about the book. It's probably the right direction for the game honestly, still sucks though. It'd be nice if those that saved got some small token for it, like 1 can of x-mas per refill.
evanarmagast [512496]

i mean, it's cool that you wanted to use them like that, but it wasn't there intention to be used like that. like, it doesn't seem a little unbalanced that you would get to use those refills in hand with those books? and, i mean, you still could. you just wouldn't have to not use your points refills until then. or find a work around. because i believe a work around exists. but what fun would it be if i told you instead of you figuring it out for yourself?
Blackjack-x [981452]

I dont think I should, never asked refill.

I was inactive much longer before this was implemented. If i was inactive i should not be given this boost.



But ched somehow thought these refills were good idea. Since everyone was given this option, i would not and did not refuse. Many I have seen use those stacked points to gain massive stats fully stacked. Why should I be punished for not doing the same then?



Im more pissed about the way ched handles mistakes rather than those refills. Those refills without book will miss out on max 30% gain which is not much but the fact that Ched thinks its ok to randomly adjust things effecting many players without warning.
Blackjack-x [981452]

Yes i agree it is the right direction as i was never fan of these refills. I see players using them to sell losses which hurts my eyes watching lol.

But problem is, there is no communication or warning to the players.
Armag3ddoN [1966136]

I agree a proper announcement with a few weeks of advance notice should have been in order...so people could have figured out what they want to do with them.
Blackjack-x [981452]

was it? lol

yeah I havent been on much, just log on train and go off

was looking forward to chain 2.0, but now have no aims or anything to look forward to

hence i wasnt too bothered making a crazy thread as this
RadicalFanatic [1483140]

When was it announced i had 0 idea about this even bought points this mourning for a refill and used it. Guess i got 2 free ones now??
Stewie [1494547]

You're not being forced to use them, you can still save them. It just comes at the cost of not being able to use a daily points refill (until they are used up). It amazes me that people saved those 2 special refills from the server outages 7 months ago. Not to mention the fact that he didn't have to give any one anything. They are meant to be used, not saved up.
Blackjack-x [981452]

Thanks for link

Wow his reason for this update was so that players do not hoard refills

great reason to mess people



And a clear announcement would have been great as some dont actively follow forums especially bug report
Blackjack-x [981452]

sure he did not have to give it

But he thought it was a great way to butter up his mistakes/problems

I remember once there was the one or day server restore when I used to be an active mugger.

Not only did i loose the 400m i mugged, also kept the extremely happy enemy



All im saying, this game needs a better communication system and honesty so people dont get suprise Cheded everytime
daub [1869454]

I was bummed when I used the two free refills on nerve instead of energy. Fat thumbs on phone my fault. But I have to make three clicks to use a lousy box of chocolates, yet using the refill was one click no confirmation, instant effect. That sucked Ched. I never complained at the time but I should have. Complaining now. That sucked.
Stewie [1494547]

Is that not why the weekly Patch lists were introduced? Because people wanted to know what was going on. It should be in Tuesday's Patch list.

His problems? It wasn't exactly his fault, was it? That someone attacked the servers.

There was a 4-day restore back in 2013/14 (one of the two). Sure, that sucked. But still cannot fault Chedburn for that - he did what was needed to be done.