After receiving a 20% discount on ammo from a gun company, it appears to confuse and incorrectly display prices for ammo, for instance according to the ammo prices, stones cost $0, but if I buy 8 stones, it costs $6, and when I bought 1,000 snowballs, which the price prediction was set at $1,000, it charged me $1,600, I did run a simple test with a just started player without this discount and their price counter worked, leading me to believe the problem originates from the discounting of ammo costing less then actual normal bullets, since the display does not show decimals.
Ammo discount problem
Started by Nickthefox [2026919] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 56 / 100
- Historical score
- 34 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 49 / 100
After receiving a 20% discount on ammo from a gun company, it appears to confuse and incorrectly display prices for ammo, for instance according to the ammo prices, stones cost $0, but if I buy 8 stones, it costs $6, and when I bought 1,000 snowballs, which the price prediction was set at $1,000, it charged me $1,600, I did run a simple test with a just started player without this discount and their price counter worked, leading me to believe the problem originates from the discounting of ammo costing less then actual normal bullets, since the display does not show decimals.
Browser/platform/OS?
Can you replicate on a second browser?
I discovered the problem on Browser, Chrome to be specific, and I have not yet seen if it happen's on any other browser
Try using Chrome incognito mode please, and see if it still occurs.
From what I've seen the problem comes from the lack of a decimal system in the counter, since 20% off of a dollar puts it in decimals which the counter cannot show, which then the price prediction can't include decimals since to its units decimals don't exist, but then the final counter can count decimals which charges you only to the whole dollar of all the added up decimals, in the long run the tool used to predict the price cannot use decimals while the final price counter can add the the decimals and doesn't charge for the remaining decimals
Were you able to replicate the issue in incognito mode?
No sir, but it did happen on Safari (Ipad's browser)
Passing to Chedburn.
The patch list claims it fixed it but the mathematical side isn't quite right, if I buy 5, 5.56 rounds the number saying total cost says $72, $14.40 according to the price per bullet, but when I buy said 5 bullets it instantly says "Buy 5 x 5.56mm Rifle Round for $70?" and as soon I press yes this happens " You have bought 5 x 5.56mm Rifle Round for $67 Ok (3 sec)" showing the system is still in need of some form of a final check over
Wow, 3 different prices, certainly need attention. I'll have a look.
Thanks
Yea, I'll be watching it carefully to try and keep providing information if necessary
Fixed, thank you Nickthefox
Buy 50 x .380 ACP Round for $562.00?
you have bought 50 x .380 ACP Round for $600.00
Minor final price problem or is it just a hiccup for the system? I'll be adding screen shots if possible
Hmm, I see this: https://gyazo.com/87f20469c8bab3809180abb481b279f7
The problem comes since I have a 20% discount due to my company and I believe its messing with the price display, and the computer I am using is giving me a hassle when it comes to screen shots