Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chain Timer Whilst Abroad/Travelling

Started by McDallas [14757] on in Suggestions.

87 replies · 398 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 88 / 88 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
88
Discussion span
→
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

McDallas [14757]

Especially with the changes to chaining now, it's even more important for us to be able to see the chain count when we are abroad.

It would make sense for factions to have players stationed in other countries during a chain, or for players who happen to be abroad to be made aware when their team is chaining and when to join in.

(Additionally, but not essential, it would be great to be able to watch my faction chain while I'm on a plane. Travel is so boring, I'd at least like to see my faction's chain box)
Scuba [512975]

R+, it would also be helpful to have some recourse in getting back out of the hospital abroad. Right now you have absolutely no control if you're in a hospital/mug-fest and someone's sitting on you. With the chaining rules, people are that much more incentivized to hit a giant mug targets with a fat purse.
McDallas [14757]

I quite like the "penalty" abroad. You equally run the risk of hitting someone stronger than you and ending up in hospital yourself. It totally sucks to be in hosp abroad!

Revives are possible abroad, so my preference would be for revivers to focus on their stats, or whatever it would take for them to maximise this new opportunity.

Mugging gives less respect though, so those who are serious about chaining would want to take full opportunity of all the bonuses and either leave or hosp. Hosp being the douchier choice, but also strategic at times if the target is someone they "need" to keep out of play for a while.
McDallas [14757]

You'll get there (unless you're holding at 6 which would be odd). But also even for those who don't travel otherwise, having someone stationed abroad, or having a regular traveler from your faction be able to see it, will benefit the entire team.

Thanks for the support!
Scuba [512975]

While true, I'd still like the ability to use meds - realistic? No, but neither is mugging someone abroad for millions on the daily. At least this reduces the chance of people involved missing out on critical seconds for a page they're not expecting to refresh to jet out of country.
McDallas [14757]

Dude, send me the name of that target! I'd love millions abroad on the daily! At most I mug what I need to spend for items, and mugging doesn't put you in hosp as long as a hosp.

I get you though, to each their own innit.
McDallas [14757]

Seriously, it's a right pain having to ask my faction when I can make my hit, and not knowing how far along in the chain we are while I'm travelling without asking every few minutes!

Why add an abroad multiplier but not a travelling chain timer?
McDallas [14757]

On a plane and can't see my chain. If it wasn't for a script my faction member wrote, I'd have no clue. This means most teams have no clue. Please rate this suggestion up.