11 replies · 144 views · thread synced · 12 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Most-liked replies
-gUNz-[984073]
· 4 likes · Your first two lines were great, and then... [:tongue:] You're talking to a 6 day old lvl 5 about keeping bets under 50 mil? [:laughing:]
Max_The_Silent[63064]
· 1 likes · I worked with a guy in Philadelphia that doubled-up on the Phillies 7 games in a row. They had just started an 11 game losing streak. He ended up robbing the safe ($12k) at work instead of going on vacation …
Anyone here expert blackjack players? I was playing blackjack, had $500,000 and only managed to get this: "You have 0 casino tokens and a current streak of $908,110"
idk I feel like I wasted all those tokens, any tips while playing, for those who are experienced or expert blackjack players?
you can check the stock market see which way LSC is trending if there losing money it maybe a good day to play it means players are making money.....this is not full proof.
keep your bets id say below the 50mill mark no matter how much money your playing with as a rule there is a issue with people being greedy causes them to lose big so i wouldnt go over 50mill rather for me personally i recommend under 25mill.
ive also always found i win more with larger amounts of cash on hand with smaller bets 5-25mill bets while holding a good 250mill usually seems to help.
i got alot of taboo stuff i do for luck as well i get rid of all my spare change make my on hand cash even millions if my on hand cash is say 104mill for example i would bet no less than 5mill because luck seems to kick in. it seems like for me personally i tend to need to get away from the 100mill marks so over 5mill for sure maybe even 10mill....less that 5mill seems to get me losses until i get well below a 100mill mark so trying to get away from it helps me.
i also find it taboo to do random amounts either odds or even millions which ever starts out good for me seems to work in the long run...if 2-4-6-8-10mill increments work i stick with that or 3-6-9-12-15mill of course this and my last are more personal taboos and i dont know that they truly reflect actual outcomes or not but it works for me.....and sometimes if im getting nickle and dimed on small bets i try bigger bets 15mill+ these are the rare days that i go over 25mill on a bet is if bigger bets pay out good....some days they do i dont understand it i just go with it.
I was slightly thinking the same, not being rude or anything, but I feel like maybe a ratio can be done from 50 mill to 500K, if that works that is....
Basically, you have to define what you can afford to lose. Set that limit and force yourself to stick to it no matter what. That applies to any form of gambling (Torn or real world).
Doubling your starting stake is a GREAT milestone and I would have 1,000's more $ if I had followed that advice (talking real world, but my Torn NW wouldn't be negative if I'd set better limits, lol!).
I watched a man blow through $3,000 chasing losses on the roulette table because he walked up, saw like 5 reds in a row, laid down $500 on black... it hit red. He laid another $500 on black... red again. He walked away... and came back with a stack of cash from the ATM. $1,000 on black, red again. ANOTHER $1000 on black. Yep, red again. It ended up hitting red 11 times in a row, and then 00 before it hit black again.
Sure... if he had the bank roll he could have kept doubling and made it back MAYBE. Ugh, maths... lets see... 500 + 500 + 1000 + 1000... plus two more reds and 00 so 3k 6k 12k 24k... 48k bankroll... just to BREAK EVEN
Aww... sorry... I liked your post! Especially the gambling rituals, lol! I'm sure there's some kind of psychosomatic thing behind how we try to enforce orderly routines in some attempt to control chaos... [:cool:]
i controlled that bj chaos for 63 days straight of either 5 , 10, 15 mill profit per day without taking a neg day ricky bobby is always 1st.....or last [:cool:]
sadly day 64 i engaged the slingshot and went for a big score all profit went bye bye [:cry:]
EDIT: my biggest winning streak ever was this. couple months ago it ended
I worked with a guy in Philadelphia that doubled-up on the Phillies 7 games in a row. They had just started an 11 game losing streak. He ended up robbing the safe ($12k) at work instead of going on vacation with his wife. Police got called and his wife went to a Loan Shark to pay our employer back so no charges would be pressed. Last I heard the Mob had him dealing Coke at his new place of employment. Only in Philadelphia.
Closest story I have to that is... while I was in the Air Force some guy that worked at the office across the hall from me stole some unused/backup radios and base-station radios. And then sold them... on eBay... on his MOM's eBay account. Some folks... [:dizzy:]