Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

"Illicit Funds".....

Started by MadHatter [486416] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 147 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Rockmond [1925124] ×1

MadHatter [486416]

We regret to inform you that illicit profits worth $52,480,799 received from User Rockmond [1925124] have been recovered from your account. This net-positive value has moved from them to you in the form of money, items, points, stocks or properties. The origin of this value has been deemed illegitimate, and has been removed from anyone who profited from it.

I'd like some more information on this. I have no idea who Rockmond is, and I have no record of having traded with him in the past year (I guess the logs only go back to October 2016). The name isn't familiar, and the only active trading I do is through my bazaar.

Compared to what other people have lost, 52m isn't all that much, but it was still way too much red to log into. I don't involved myself in illicit trading (hell, I barely involve myself in ANY trading), so I'm not sure how I've profited from illicit activity. If the money that was taken from me was money earned from selling my goods or services, it shouldn't matter where that money came from. I earned it.

Mentions: Rockmond [1925124]

MadHatter [486416]

Yeah, I read those threads and part of the GD thread. I understand what's going on, but I'd very much like to see the trail that leads from Rockmond (who, again, I don't remember having contact with) to me.

I very much understand cracking down on multi-abuse, but the way those explanations read, it sounds like you're going waaaaaaay down the line to recover "illicit" funds that were legally obtained by the end-users.

But I could be wrong. My memory is not always the best, and I could have had contact with Rockmond that I don't remember. But like I already said, I'm not an active trader. I'm not a regular gambler. I don't move a lot of properties. In fact, the largest bumps my networth ever gets are from donating.