11 replies · 247 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Most-liked replies
OlafderGeiger[1998145]
· 6 likes · "You bet $200,000 on Minnesota Timberwolves Minus 12.5." 'IOU one brain" - God
Louis_de_Pointe[1963196]
· 5 likes · It is a simple misunderstanding if you are not familiar with that kind of bet. Questions and Answers is not really a place to be making fun of people who are genuinely confused about something.
Hello so last night I placed my bet on bookie on basketball timberwolfs vs suns 200k on timberwilf and next morning they say I lost my bet because in somehow they thought timberwolf lost to suns even know they didnt.
You have lost the bet you made on the NBA - Suns At Timberwolves -12.5 game. You bet $200,000 on Minnesota Timberwolves Minus 12.5.
manic[1554958] · #2 · edited
Timberwolfs 119 v 108 Suns
11 points difference...
The bet was an expected points difference of 12.5 (or more I would image - but I'm not a betting man)
I just had fun with the irony of him immediately blaming the game before even introducing the idea that it might have been his own negligence. I wasn't aware of these kinds of bets either before seeing them on torn, but I do know that minus means less and that 12.5 is probably a number.
Also I believe to remember that if you click on these bets there is a little window that explains to you what a handicapped bet is. The defiance to read is a dangerous attribute in a text-based game.
Take it or leave it. If you feel the need to make fun of people then Q and A is not the section for you. People should always feel free to ask questions here.
If you read many threads here you know that I usually just help in Q&A. I invest much time in trying to do everything I can to help others. The questions was answered, I made a Simpsons joke, cuz the irony made me laugh. Get over yourself.
Betting against the spread is confusing at first. I'm an NFL person and don't follow basketball, but found a CBS page where "Experts" make NBA predictions.