Herculus had random received money like 19b and 8b.... he still isn't banned and has a net of 12b. Why not reset him to 0... for all we know he coulda gambled his cash away and then funded himself.
Also if staff was to ban everyone in mmcp how many same ip log replies do you think we would have? Or would all these relatives in the same household be sharing Wi-Fi because theirs "broke"
Ched pretty much said yup you cheated for 10 years but you know those multis that gave you 100s of billions we ban them but don't worry , you can stil play on the main account you have, you know the one you used the billions to increase gym stats to get ahead of most players. We will just remove some funds.. so even if you regained money from gambling you keep that, we just want what was sent from multis. Even those losses and runs.. you know that got you to 1k and 10k.. you can keep those rewards and merits but that cash gotta come our way cos you know it's illicit. Oh and those companies your friends run for you... don't even worry about it. Just keep donating.
Spot on! If you're going to allow a cheater to keep one of the many accounts he has then why not the most recently created one, not the one thats already benefited the most from the others.
I've always thought that a far more effective punishment for operating multis would be to only be allowed to keep the weakest/poorest account.
Yep, creating a newer account should mean forfeiture of any older account(s).
You don't even play this game, why do you even care?
Fun part is that without cheating they'd be a bunch of nobodies.
And come to think about it, not like they achieved anything while cheating anyway.
Hard to really find out Ched's way of thinking about this, there have been arguments about him just wanting to remove some in-game cash, but I wouldn't meet the trouble halfway just yet. I don't want to assume that people who have donated money get a "get out of fed for free"-card, this is a business, and it is Ched's primary income(I believe?), but in order to keep others trusting him, he can't base his decisions on that, or many players would feel cheated by him and leave.
I think the problem is proving it. Chedburn does not want to ban anyone he cannot be 100% certain of was cheating, even if it's 99.99%, he can't do it. It is really hard to prove it in some cases, but in a case like Herculus it's actually very obvious, and that person should receive a permaban. That's where I only see the blue name and ponder if Ched's motivations are the same I thought they would be.
We need more of these posts, because with my memory, I need to be reminded daily of what just happened...
Would make more sense. Kinda like a forced restart. Lol
Not forced - no one has to create multiple accounts!
I mean in the sense that the account owner is given the ultimatum that if they wish to continue playing they have no option but to use a newer account they have created and have all others perma-fedded.
I'd support it, I'm actually shocked it was only 500b removed - break rules and handing out just slaps on the wrist hardly helps.