Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

HELP!!!!!!!!

Started by Timy [2090435] on in General Non-related.

8 replies · 106 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
Timy [2090435]

I need real life help. My GPA is 2.6 and my SAT score is 1130 and I have to take one day after tomorrow. I only have 14 hours of voulunteering and college applications are due by january 1st, I need advice loki my life is f**ked up. If your wondering why i came on torn, i'm desperate for findding help because my teachers keep telling me "well honey your a senior now, there isn't much you can do. Just send in the applications dear" Like **** THAT! I don't play this game anymore but I'm desperate for Help Like srsly. Life falling apart, as well as parents getting upset and my grades are exponentially decreasing as in y = -x^2
fREakEr [1844126]

Okay, this was a fusion of what is on your mind.
I suggest you write you problem in one paragraph and what you want help with, in another one, each on an individual line.



Honestly I acknowledge there are sign of distress and depression as well as fear of failure and not meeting your parent's expectation.

Yet, if you could write simple phrase about what you want help with, it will be more convenient for us to understand.

Then me or someone else will be glad to help you.



[image: media1.tenor.com]
SporkMonkey [2065017]

Start off by deciding what you can and cannot control:

The deadline for applications: can't control it.

Your GPA - can't control it, at this point. It is what it is.

Your SAT scores - you could retake it for a higher score, but with the low GPA and volunteer hours, what's the point

Your volunteer hours: you can increase those, but not a lot by January 1st.



So, what do you want to go to school for? What universities offer it? Are you wanting a specific school, or will any school do?

Do you *have* to go to go to a 4 year university to start off with? That's an important question. Can you go to a community college for your basics? You'll have complete control over your GPA again, so when you transfer, it'll look better. The SAT scores also won't matter as much.



Your life is not ****ed, but you did screw off a little too much and now you have more limited choices, but not impossible. Not at all.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

long story short - your life isn't ****ed because you didn't go to college and secondly just because you ****ed up in highschool doesn't mean you're not getting into college.

The most blunt way i can say this to you however is this is the point you need to change your life direction, if you continue to invest no effort and time into education then give up with it, putting in 50% effort will result in a waste of 50% effort, you'll need it all or find something else to do with your life. it's blunt but it's the honest truth.

As for applications, in the UK you can apply for courses and spots which aren't filled by students have their reqs dropped - I don't remember the term but (think it's clearing?) i assume the US does similar, apply to what you want (be realistic) and in the result you fail to get what is needed look into clearing.
Timy [2090435]

I'll tell you all my problems, I'll be talking from my heart and speaking out everything that's makes me feel defeated:

So yea I'm a Senior, 2.6 GPA, SAT is 1130 and I have one last shot to take, my applications are due by January 2nd, and I wanted to go to decent school. With all this on me Idk wt the hell to do.

What pisses me off is wondering why the hell is it me. I'm ranked 374 out of 598 at my school. In here in torn, people lose money in the casino and the people who take risks by betting more to try win back feel ****ed up when the house wins more and they lose a chunk of their money. Similarly, I did the exact same shit except it's from real life. There are classes called AP classes which you take to get rid of a college credit and they have much more impact on your GPA. If you do well in it, your GPA gets increased much more, that's if you take multiple that is. All my life I took regular classes and I wanted to challenge. 9th grade year I took pre ap classes and had 2.37GPA. I ws like alright fine ap classes and need to do better. Problem was AP classes are harder than regular classes, stupid of me not thinking that, and by end of sophomore year, I had 2.4 GPA.

I thought, shoot I need to win back my grades, and decided to take 4 ap classes (sophomore year I took one ap class and rest of my other classes were pre ap), but junior year ended up being like hell. By the time senior year came , I only had 2.6 GPA.

What makes me even more upset is the people I'm around. Most people would look at me (kids, adults, people my age, etc) people I knew, they think of me as like a smart guy because I look and dress well, and that I combed and so they always be thinking that I'm a heinous whose going to be a doctor or an engineer. Most Asians don't go through this, Idk why the **** I'm not like Most my friends (most of them are Asian too, in the cumminjty that is). My parents told me that if I don't get a scholarship or something to a college and am forced to go to community college, they would take me back to Indonesia. That's the problem. Fact that I can't talk to any of my friends about my real state in education worried me more.

For those who are Christian, know wts heaven and hell. I want to kill myself so badly but the problem is that I'll end up being tormented in hell forever so I stress out and apparently feel torment on earth, hell in earth you could say.

i never accomplished anything great. All I did was get 2nd place in a chess district tournament and I got an AP scholar award for getting a 3 and higher for 3 of my AP exams.

i live a lie going to church. People think I'm sort of a good holy child who is so innocent and sweet. The pastor there would ask me to deliver a short sermon to youth meetings and once in a church, but idk how the **** I can even do that because I can't keep myself fixed! I ain't credible but idk how the **** I can expose myself without letting them feel judgemental about me.

Im in senior year, barely holding on to ap economics, ap calculus ab, and ap computer science as well as ap chemistry. I only have passion in programming and playing chess and my violin. I play it at church btw.

my gramps, only dude I used to share personal feelings to, also died during the end of my sophomore year. Just ****ing life. I just overall feel ****ed up and miserable for the false identity I have to undergo and the jacked up grades I recieved. **** me.
SporkMonkey [2065017]

I've started a response and deleted it a couple of times. I am trying to figure the right thing to say. I can't seem to get it out right. I have kids, one is in high school. He's a little younger than you. He's really involved in band, sports, and theater. He gets ok grades, but could do better if he tried. He has felt similiar to how you're feeling a couple of times. You face stuff I never did in HS, but I will tell you this. It does get better. Life, that is. There are a lot of questions I want to ask, but I don't want to do that in a public thread like this. I'll say this...that line people say, "God won't put more on you than you can handle." That's a lie. You will go through many times that's it's more than you can handle, and that's the time God wants you to rely on him to get through it. I know this game isn't full of people that believe in Christ as their savior, but I do, and I'll be praying for you. For God to give you strength. Listen though...killing yourself is no answer. It only hurts the people around you more than it solves anything. It's a permanent bad solution to a temporary problem.



I'm on here a lot, if you ever need to talk.
Tide_Pod [2004444]

Try being a high school graduate who almost didn't make it and has no job and still lives with their parents. It's ok, just don't do anything rash.