I think it would be a great addition to the game if factions could hold stock and gain benefits from having a block. This would allow factions, not just members, to semi-regularly obtain dividends, properties, coupons/vouchers, and discounts. In addition, space would need to be created in the armory, not only to hold the stocks, but to hold things like properties, that can then be given/loaned/rented to members or even sold on the market. This is an idea that literally popped in my head a moment ago, so please bare with me as I develop this idea further. Your suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.
PLEASE READ THE COMMENTS WHILE WE GATHER IDEAS FROM EACH OTHER IN ORDER TO REFINE THIS IDEA
VOTING THIS THREAD POSITIVELY (THUMBS UP) WILL INCREASE THE CHANCES OF CHED TAKING THIS SUGGESTION INTO CONSIDERATION.
Totally unbiased R+
this would favour the really rich factions ... making them richer and stronger still. so I voted against.
I can see where you are coming from, Frinzell. It's not a perfect system, but I think it can be tweaked to really make a good addition to Torn. Yes, it takes money to get stocks within the faction, so the super-rich would be the first with the BB's. However, smaller factions could combine funds from members in order to purchase them as well. We all have to start from somewhere, and factions are no different. This creates another way for not only players, but entire factions, to push themselves harder and to be more competitive.
I had similar thoughts on this is as well , although I didnt think ahead as much as you as in needing room in the armouray to hold the stock benefits or properties etc But my thinking was more along the lines of the that there should be some different stock benefits for factions . . For example a stock benefit that gives out energy cans . And the number of cans recieved would depend on the type of can / energy they give .For example either 10 - 30 e cans or 15 - 25 e cans or 20 - 20 e cans .Sort of like med packs give out 20 morphine or 50 small first aid kits Also my thinking was that stock benefits like feathery hotel groups , should cost factions more money to purchase , but with the payouts sometimes giving 1 fhc other times 2 fhc's etc I just dont think factions should be able to get the same block benefits as citizens of otrn , for the same price
That's not a bad idea, Mikey. Maybe have it to where factions need to hold a different number of stocks in order to have the BB, and then it give a different level of the bonus when it arrives. Seems decent enough and fair.
Falcon sent me here.
Maybe a new stock could be created that increases base respect gain (by a small amount of course)
That's actually a great idea, Hcom3.
If we're introducing stocks into factions, the possibilities are endless, like Hcom3's suggestion.
But now that I think about it, I think those faction benefit types of things should be an upgrade instead of a stock. To me that just makes more sense lol
MikePence, to an extent, I have to agree. However, with normal stocks it allows for more of an income based bonus. Though, with it as an upgrade option that would certainly expand the realm of possibilities as to how it would benefit the faction.
Yeah, there can be like a stock armory that can hold one stock or something
I think it should stick with the simple loaning system like currently how weapons or armor loaning works, so things you might loan are like TCB or WSSB
Basically removed the risk of scamming
Other than that, for monetary benefit blocks, why not just let the leader, co leader, or someone trustworthy hold it, and donate all gains to the faction? Not sure why it has to be associated with the faction
I understand what you're saying, but what I was thinking was the faction itself could hold the block and receive the bonus, that would go back into the faction. This would be in addition to members, or like you said the leader/co-leader/etc having the ability to hold the block. This is essentially for "extras". For example, if there is a faction with only the leader, no other members, the leader can hold a block for HRG and receive the bonus, while simultaneously holding a bonus block in faction armoury and the faction too receives a bonus. Essentially, the leader bought 3,000,000 shares of HRG and put 1,500,000 in the faction. This creates two blocks that receive the bonus. This can work the same way with a 100 member faction and all of them put 15,000 stocks for HRG into the faction. The faction now holds the block and receives the bonus. What I'm suggesting isn't perfect and could certainly use some tweaking, but I think the base model is decent.
I do agree with the loan option for anyone who has vault permissions, with maybe the leader/co-leader able to actually GIVE the stocks. This would certainly reduce the risk of scamming, as you stated.
Here is an excerpt from a discussion I had with other players regarding this idea.
"
FalconE51: Well, as suggested on there, a small increase in respect gains could be one. Or, as I was thinking, if holding stock in say a private security corporation the bonus could be increased chance to pull off PA's. Maybe hold stock in a Defense Contractor and allow for greater respect TAKEN from enemy factions when chaining or have the timer go from 5 minutes to 6 minutes before it breaks or something like that."
"
Murd0Maniak: heres the idea for that to make **** more interesting
Murd0Maniak: those stocks can be bought only with faction earned money unlocking maybe by doing certain OCs x amount of times"
"
Mlkey: i also like the unlocking it feature , just like tree challenges
Mlkey: it would prevent rich people from using their own money to pay for the stocks for the faction"
Mentions:
FalconE51 [78101]
· Mlkey [1915577]
· Murd0Maniak [1544514]
Great Idea!
Thanks, Rupe!
I like the idea very much, but as someone above stated it would give wealthy factions a serious advantage over weaker ones. Perhaps a cap on what can be held or an unlockable system like the trees would be worthwhile.
R+
Yes, but the faction only should get the benefits (unless that's already what you're saying). I think this shouldn't apply to stuff like WSSB or IIL, the non-$ BBs. There should be a certain degree of risk giving BBs to other members in a faction. Also, it would make individual BBs useless, when 100 members can just share 1 BB. Property loaning is a great idea as well.
HT and Unorthodox, it was suggested by someone else that there be a new stock, specifically for factions, with a different bonus. I think that may end up working better in the long run and be more fair. We need everyone's input in order to further develop this idea and try to make it a reality with Ched and the developers.
Great idea, and would totally make territorys worth more+ more territory wars over special plots of land. Again, this is a great idea and I rate 5* hope this gets to Ched.
P.S. its good to see you again old pal falcon
P.P.S. You probably want to get more people than just a bunch of people from the PT gang, cause then it looks really biased