Should I use the grob attack?
Grob Attack
Started by Timy [2090435] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 24
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 40 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee
· 1 likes ·
Ye
Should I use the grob attack?
Yeah totally, everyone I know uses grob Attack all the time...
If anything grob attack is the best, I was only just saying to my Faction, lets all just use grob attack..
lol
I don't think you know wt I mean when i said grob attack...
You give the best grobby
Ye
*facepalm
Yeah I do, everyone knows the good old Classic "grob attack"
I grob attack everyone..
Or am i getting something wrong, perhaps explain your self a little better...
Grob sucks dick. I thought everyone knew this... [:sick:]
Grob attack is the only attack worth grobbing, how do you not know this? What's the point of attacking at all if you don't grob?
Yall don't know wt I'm talking about...man this sucks /:
It probably depends on who you are up against and how they play. If you want to open up your rows like that you can if you want. I prefer starting with the horsie. ( yeah, I called it that on purpose.)
Thank goodness someone understands wt I'm saying. I play against people betweeen 1200 - 1550 and the gambit for this seemed interesting. Are they good to play this move on them?
You are talking about the move g4 which is called "second worst move after h4" for a reason - perhaps you should try ye olde e4 or d4 (if feeling adventurous) for a year/ couple hundred games first, before dashing off to do some silly "grob" stuff.....mr magnus2169
0 0
Posted on 02:42:30 - 06/12/17 (2 hours ago)
Post link copied to clipboard
Copy post link
"You are talking about the move g4 which is called "second worst move after h4" for a reason - perhaps you should try ye olde e4 or d4 (if feeling adventurous) for a year/ couple hundred games first, before dashing off to do some silly "grob" stuff.....mr magnus2169
Last edited by Caladan on 02:45:10 - 06/12/17"
yea I know. I totally agree, typically e4 is my favourite approach, and usual main lines I'm good at are kings Gambit, and Center Game. I just want to do out of the ordinary moves because it makes it interesting instead of same moves with tactics and strategy. Grob opening yes it's terrible but the gambit is devastating for those who don't know it (AKA rook loss or bishop loss)
some dude had the balls of steel to play the grob attack on Magnus Carlsen and in the end, that match ended up as a draw luckily. I think this took place in the London tournament but lol he managed to go toe to toe with Magnus with the grob. I ws ded and lmao the time I saw that.
i know it's not conventional to play this if your a grandmaster, but is it a suggestion to play against People who are between 1200 ==>> 1500.
I played over 2900 blitz games and over 1460 Bullet games
my rating is garbage though
Blitz: 1323
Bullet: 1562
Rapid: 1436
960 games: 1422
well as you want to catch people unprepared in book openings, which in given range they are not, then use fun stuff - reti/king indian or london system as white, sicilian/najdorf or KID as black - but really in the indicated range any well prepared opening will give you ridiculous winning chances - question is do you want to sit and learn that opening forever so you can crush unprepared people? your midgame/tactical will suffer as a result and inflated rating will push you up to people familiar with your one-trick opening/s where you will die to midgame for the lack of midgame practice + it will get boring
edit: memorize grand prix attack and have fun with repeat nuking of unprepared opponents untill somebody knocks you out with tal's gambit, which might take a long while...
Your right, I may keep that in mind.
i like the grob attack but it makes it possible for fools mate
its perfect for 3check though