Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

~ Hivemind | Auction ~

Started by Sectory [2093611] on in Graphics.

11 replies · 184 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
Anon [1771528]

Not feeling it tbf, it looks like you chucked it together in no time. I don't think the border does it any justice either.
Sectory [2093611]

Any advice? I didn't do gfx for a long time, need to get back into it. I had some trouble with the depth and the font. I'd apriciate pointers
Anon [1771528]

I'm shit with advice because I don't know how i'd improve it. Although I'd use a clean sans serif font as it's more drawn to the 'tech' style you have going.

Also try using burn and dodge tools for depth, remember not to go too overboard.

I feel like the sig is wasted with nothing going on around the focal (C4d), you could do this by increasing the size of the focal or possibly duplicating the C4d and making it scale the whole of the tag.

Try to learn the colour wheel, it helps define what colours you'd like to lean towards, i'd stick with 2 contrasting colours for the time being just to keep it simple until you get used to using them. (Talking about how the green stands out the most even though there's no other green in the tag)

Sorry that's all I can think of atm
Scuba [512975]

Unless your nickname/short form is 'tory' the 'sec' is difficult to see with the white on white. I like to follow themes with my typography so if the subject matter is space, I usually like to do something digitized/blocky like a bold sans serif or a short slab-serif with no stroke contrast - in short, think ROSCOS/NASA inspired fonts.
Sectory [2093611]

Thank you! I struggled with the font on this one, i have the feeling the font totally ruined it. I'll better myself, might upload an improved font version :)