Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Game Over

Started by Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee on in Graveyard.

31 replies · 307 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

Spikeman [901641] ×1

Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee Committee

Hello fellow Torn people (Not wanting to be Gender Specific because of how some people think they are Apache helicopters and such)

So, I was thinking to myself, I wanna give away some stuff to people, Mainly because I just passed 1k days and it is Christmas in a few days too. I am not too rich but i have some things to give away but only to those who enter a valid submission.

The Deadline will be The 1st Of Jan 2018 and I will give out prizes on the 2nd of Jan.

Rules:

#1 One Entry Per Person
#2 Follow Rule #1

So basically, What I want you to do is, Tell me a story about how you are expecting your Christmas day to go, Can include the usual drunk uncle who talks crap all night long, Your grandma who sits in her rocking chair and lets off gas and blames it on the cat, I don't know, Just have fun I guess or it can be serious , There is a minimum participant entry that i am keeping secret, So if it doesn't reach that i will send each person who entered a small gift instead. Please make it more than 5 lines.

PS: Please make it fun or serious, any entry that i think is a waste of time will be ignored.

Prizes -

#1 5x Donator Packs
#2 5x FHC
#3 5x Cans

Any Questions, Please feel free to mail me as I have my chat disabled.



You sent 3x Can of X-MASS to Spikeman with the message: For being the very first entry!



Prizes Sent.


Mentions: Spikeman [901641]

Spikeman [901641]

Ah Christmas, how I enjoy it so. It will probably start with the family coming over around 10am for breakfast at our house. The majority of them will be trashed on eggnog or peppermint liqueur by 11. We'll probably have started eating some more by noon cause if it's one thing my family likes, its overeating and complaining about it to each other. If we're lucky, we'll have most of those still conscious come join us at the dining room table for some poker. We'll play poker for a bit before one of my aunts starts some shit and the hilarious holiday drama occurs. My grandfather will have likely passed out in the recliner with a dog in his lap and his half finished drink still in his hand, unaware that some of the family is exploding with Christmas "joy". Half of the family will probably be on the back porch, playing fetch with the other dogs and smoking cigars. All in all, should be a fun day. Get drunk, see family, and laugh a looot.
TheChiv [1878985]

We would normally spend the day with family, open gifts have a wonderful dinner. This year my wife, 2 dogs and myself moved over 1k miles away from family. So it will just be us. I will get up and make cinnamon rolls, then we will open our few gifts we bought for each other. Then have meat and cheese crackers for snacks. I am going to make pork ribs and a few sides. My wife will be having a rough day as she will not have her family (first time every). So I will do all I can to keep her cheered up for the day. If its a nice day I will ask her to go on a walk/jog with me to get her out of the apartment for a bit.

Fingers crossed she will have a good day!
Xanet [2007324]

I will probably just be spending the day with my family. Wake up, wait for everyone else to wake up (usually a good two hours or so), then eat cinnamon rolls. Then we shall probably look in our stockings then do gifts (which unfortunately seems to always involve pictures), then eat some kind of sandwich for lunch. Then hang out till dinner, probably play some board games and such. Then have a huge dinner with ham and all that good stuff. Then be too full to do anything else for the rest of the day. Except for maybe even more board games. Never to full for board games.
Raviie [1371879]

Christmas, time of festivities and food. I plan on going to Universal Studios (amusement park) with family and partake in the usual activities that they hold. Drinking to loosen up and enjoy the night before going back home to enjoy a lonely dinner with the loved ones. Then it's family time l, which might include games to play or movies to watch, before ending the night to wake up to the traditional present opening the following morning. Should be a blast!
Auriel [2017726]

My sister and her guy will come over in the morning to spend the day with my husband and me. We'll open gifts and eat around a thousand clementine oranges, give or take (and probably some bread and goat cheese and assorted other delightful foods). She will give me something hilarious, and I will feel totally inadequate. We'll play one of those fireplace videos on the TV, because that's traditional now. We'll all laugh a lot. We'll make cookies. I will eat too many of them fresh out of the oven. I will swear to myself that will be my last one. I will eat another. Our mother will phone at some point to wish us a Merry Christmas, and we'll hope to avoid having to talk awkwardly with our step-father as well. Later on we'll have dinner and probably a few drinks, and likely end up playing The Game of Things or something like that. We will continue to laugh a lot. They'll stay over at our place, and the next morning we'll make Baileys french toast for the first time, which I suspect might turn out to be the best thing in the history of ever.
Kam [1329153]

I'm expecting a pretty quiet Christmas to be honest. Planning on having family over, but don't have any crazy uncles or too weird relatives. But I bet you right now all of the money that makes up my networth my family will comment on me not being married yet at LEAST 11 times. (The last time I counted it went upwards of 27 times in one weekend, that was a hoot) Other than that, gonna be sipping hot coco, socializing, catching up, watching some nice oldie films and thinking about how old we've all gotten so quickly, and how time flies. Pretty normal stuff.
Daisy3 [730750]

Because Christmas is a family get together day, we spend more time reminiscing then anything else. Except maybe eating. In fact it's over the dinner table that we have our favorite memories.

As someone passes the potatoes, someone else pipes ups and says "Remember the time Uncle Eddie took his false teeth out and put them on his napkin??" (Round of laughter)

Then someone says "remember the time mom left the giblets and all the junk inside the turkey and cooked it like that? Mom then frowns at her offspring and there's more hilarious laughter.

Then we remember when Auntie Anne made the gorgeous 3 layer cake but somehow got a dirty old potholder stuck between layers....omg...that was the funniest thing ever. The look on everyones faces as the potholder was dragged out of the middle...omg

Then there's more favorite memories....Kelly making pudding in the blender and sticking a wooden spoon in which splintered....yep, splintered pudding we called it. (Hi Kel!) Ivy making a toasted cheese sandwich with two slices of bread and a slice of cheese....in the toaster! lol (Hi Ivy!) Daisy, of course, contributes wonderful memories to the dinner. Except when she forgot to put sugar in the pumpkin pie and everyone pretended to like it anyways. :)

Yeah, really Christmas is always fun but the best part is the memories. :)
Insi [2034939]

Every Christmas eve night I stay up all night so I don't oversleep when my younger siblings are getting their prezzies cause I love to see their excitement in the morning. I'll probably just play with them until I get Christmas dinner then go visit family, come home and go to bed because I'll be exhausted by then ^_^
Lucille [1556957]

I've always loved Christmas. Always the one to beg my mum to get the biggest real christmas tree we could find and made sure we actually went into a field to choose it. Always the one who went overboard with decorations, food and started listening to Christmas Music in October, but not this year, nor the last.

But last year and this year is a little different. Last November, I was sectioned and taken into hospital where I spent 7 months: Christmas, New Year and my 24th Birthday. So last year i wasn't interested at all and the sound of christmas music made me wanted to rip my ears off, things haven't changed much this year other than the fact i am out of hospital and spending it with family.

As much as i'm really not into the Christmas Spirt this year, I am trying my best to not be miserable for everyone else. I've bought everyone gifts (which they weren't expecting). I'll be making a gingerbread and cookie house tomorrow, (love baking) and yesterday purchased a small Christmas Tree for my mum. I wasn't fussed about having one but knew even though she supported my opinion she really wanted one, so surprised her with it.

My nan recently got diagnosed with Dementia and placed into a nursing home after injuring her wrist when falling in her flat so this Christmas afternoon will be spent visiting her with family. She usually ends up coming over ours either Christmas or Boxing Day for food. It's quite funny because we'll be watching a film together and she'll talk the entire way through. Then you'll hear a rip and she'll be letting one or two off and not even acknowledging it was her. I swear she doesn't even notice herself, It's very funny. XD.

In the evening I will be helping my brother cooking a Christmas Meal, Turkey, gobble, gobble as last year I missed out. Yes they did provide us with Christmas Meal in hospital but i wasn't eating alot so had chicken cup of soup. This year will also be the first christmas with my beloved cat George who sadly passed away (Killed by a car) whilst i was in hospital earlier this year. However I have been blessed with another cat, my beloved Bertie, who we all believe is George reincarnated.

So this last year has been a rollercoaster and every day is a struggle but this Christmas as much as I want to hide away, I will be spending it with family and having a few laughs along the way. To new beginnings, adventures and memories.

Merry Christmas To All.
Foe [2092175]

Tis' the Season. What a wonderful time of year :)

My favorite time actually. I love winter and all the snow (although we are having a very dry, un-eventful winter.) Even better that some of us get to be around family we don't see often throughout the year. Fortunately, my close family are all living in the same town as I am. To be quite honest, I think for that reason; Christmas is a bit less special to me.

It used to be extremely fun as a kid growing up, always had a very large family with tons of gifts scattered around and huge christmas trees. Slowly as the years go by christmas becomes less and less fun as I age. (Strange, huh?)

Still, I can't wait to drink hot apple cider, have christmas treats, see my cousins and other family, and just have quality hangs with the fam!

As mentioned above I have a large family, so I actually have 3 christmas' to attend each in different households (would be more but my great grandparents are no longer at home), so it does get a bit chaotic at times and the extended weekend really does fly by since we have gatherings planned each day for the next 3 days lol...

Above all and most excitingly this year, I get to do shopping for someone special and do things a bit differently as a whole. We welcomed into the family my amazing Daughter Masyn Rose 8 months ago, and she's a blast. Slowly learning to walk each day, we hope she'll take her first steps by christmas around all the family! I had a great time shopping for her this year and even spoiled her early with a blow-up ball pit that she loves so much! :)

In the years to come I think the meaning of Christmas will continue to change for me and what I used to enjoy, will probably not enjoy so much as I do get older, but that's life and it's all good.

I want to wish all you fellow Torn folks a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Foe!


bLiNd [2010548]

Christmas in my household is going to involve me trying to keep the kids in bed as long as possible. Why is it, when they have to get up to go to school / nursery, they have to be dragged out of bed, yet on a weekend or holiday, their inner alarms scream "WAKE THE FUKKK UPPPP!!!!!"

A nice breakfast in the morning then watching excited faces as they tear through all the gifts that Santa has brought.

The family is congregating at my mums house for xmas this year. We all usually have a blast round there. My brother and his girlfriend will be there, my sister and her fiancee with their 2 kids. Should be a great day.

I plan to try my hardest not to get into it with my brother. I'm still pretty pissed that he didn't aknowledge my daughters 1st birthday a few months back. Not even a measly card. Who knows what will happen after a few drinks....


ChillySpunc [1905415]

Well, firstly I'll do the same thing I do as soon as I get up every morning, I'm going to cyber with Kata, only on Christmas I'll be dressed as Santa, of course. Then I'll probably take a stroll down to Christmas Torn, pick up some Elf soup for the Traditional Elf Food diner, hopefully with it being Christmas I won't find hair in my soup.

After Breakfast I'll take a jog down to the gym(gotta get that cardio in, not all about the strength and speed these days you plebs), I'll do about 100 reps of candy cane and about 50 reps of a Rudolph press up, I might try some Cookie Crunches but after breakfast at the diner I always feel funny.

So after the gym it'll be back home to watch the Ched's speech, I know the more modern families don't bother but I'm a traditionalist and I like to know that our ageing leader is still alive and hasn't turned back into a lizard yet. After Ched's speech it'll probably be time for lunch, and like every year it will consist of candy because where I live no one sells proper ****ing food. Then after lunch I'll be so high on sugar I'll probably go on a killing spree, I'll start with my usual levelling targets, then some randoms and finally bogie(I know I can't beat him yet but it's nice that he knows that I'll be coming for him some day ;)).

So after the killing spree I'll head on back home, open up the one present my pet dog got me, it'll probably be a montage of all my rants and then fall asleep, alone in my highly expensive private island, hoping that I do not overdose and I can make next Christmas.
Chris_ [2044373]

ah so how i will spend mine christmas time hun

well I live in India , Here Christmas not celebrated at that much extent but yeah we celbreate it somewhat

Afcoursewe get a day off for our scholl , colleges but this time its not so much of thing to enjoy as just after that our projects haveto be checked ,

so the whole day i will put my ass on a chair and complete my all three pending project , ,And yeah the only thing i could enjoy that day is go in bathroom and will shoot some fountains with my **** ,

That could be my only enjoyment that day

But its christmas , no offenses

Merry Christmas
Umar2015 [1905058]

Recently on the way to work I slipped on ice and damaged my back quite seriously but currently slowly recovering. However I have a lot of elderly people in the neighborhood who tend to go out in the snow. I have experienced how dangerous it is and since I personally do not celebrate christmas (I take part in the christmas party in work though) I want to look out for the elderly people and will be using my time off work to use the rock salt to get rid of the snow and make a path to the shops down the road so people can get about safely.



Not an exciting story haha but that's my story. For when the day arrives have a merry christmas
Kata [1990396]

I was thinking about getting all fancy like Chilly's post (

Christmas lasts FOR SO LONG in my family. I just shopped all day (did most of my shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but we have a shit ton of people to shop for), I organized the room I'm going to wrap in and put everything in sections based off of the family the gifts are going to, and tonight I'm going to start wrapping. Tomorrow we'll go to my dad/stepmom's for brunch, then come home and get ready for church... after church everyone will go to bed but me and I'll be up til the wee hours of the morning finishing wrapping presents (probably around 3am). My daughter will no doubt wake us up at like 7am at which time I'll probably make breakfast and coffee - then we'll open stockings and then start in on presents. After we're done with presents, we'll get dressed and go over to our extended family's Christmas party where we eat a bunch of food and do a gift exchange. My ex will drop off my son there and we'll head over to my mom's where we will open more presents and eat dinner. Finally, we'll drive 45 minutes home and basically die of exhaustion.

Then we have another Christmas to go to Weds and another on Thursday and then one we haven't managed to schedule yet.

Then the weekend is my son's birthday and then there's New Years.

I'll be happy to go back to work on the 2nd so I can maybe relax from the holiday.
KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]

Ah Christmas...so Christmas Eve Ill probably just not sleep. Or if I do, not for very long. Ill most likely wake up at around 6 am. Wake my parents up. Run to the Christmas tree and ofc take 20 pictures to post on sc and insta. Then I'll open my presents and post all of the contents to sc and insta as well because well why not. And then I'm most likely gonna start using whatever I got. After the first few hours the excitement will wear off and I'll probably be playing Unturned or something.
Legit_Guy [2091236]

I will probably just be spending the day with my family. Wake up, wait for everyone else to wake up (usually a good two hours or so), then eat cinnamon rolls. Then we shall probably look in our stockings then do gifts (which unfortunately seems to always involve pictures), then eat some kind of sandwich for lunch. Then hang out till dinner, probably play some board games and such. Then have a huge dinner with ham and all that good stuff. Then be too full to do anything else for the rest of the day. Except for maybe even more board games. Never to full for board games.