I'm not really able to post any evidence of this since it's a bit trippy but I'm fairly sure it's a bug.
Santa isn't really where he shows on my map.
When I walk around CT, Santa doesn't move on my map. So I can walk over to him and it doesn't register a 'hit'. It doesn't say anything at all. Then if I refresh the page (or switch to mobile) I can see that Santa isn't actually in the square that he was showing in before, so I walk over again and again he's not there. So it then becomes a game of cat and mouse, of me trying to fluke the square that Santa is actually on. And eventually I hit a random blank square, after taking a step and refreshing and taking a step and refreshing and finally it registers that I'm in the same spot as Santa. Except, on my screen I'm not. I'm a few squares away from him.
The reason I can't get the screenshot is because it all happens quite quick and before I know it, I've moved from the square where the award was given and then I have no evidence of any of this.
But this is how it's happened for three days now. I don't know if this is the same problem others have been having or not.
Windows 10, PC. Chrome. Haven't tested on anything else. Can only try once a day.
I can't test this properly. Santa just popped up on my screen and before I knew it he had stealth-given me gifts 5 or 6 squares away from him.
I'd like to test it properly but yesterday I couldn't find him and today I failed.
Is he meant to be walking around like the grinch does? I found the grinch yesterday, and he stole my christmas cheer working properly. Santa doesn't behave like that. He stands shill on screen for me.
I think this is a bigger problem than I previously thought. No one on my map moves. At all. Only the grinch moved the one time I saw him. Everyone else is frozen.
Just tested it on incognito mode and on my mobile and it's the same. I didn't realise the were all meant to be moving. So no wonder santa doesn't move. No one does!