so this guy is constantly putting bounties on me, threatening to report me for multiple accounts that I dont have... he has a vendetta against me and theres nothing I can do about it. Is there some way of completely blocking this person from interacting with me? He just keeps messing with me. Am i too new or something? Am I suppose to just wait until he gets bored of it?
About this thread
Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 24
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 40 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]
· 8 likes ·
First thing is to train. The guy is not a strong player level 14 played 800+ days and has a networth I had about day 10 probably. His faction is a useless sack of crap, soon enough when you read … - Hoy [1208641] Officer
· 6 likes ·
Moved this up to Q&A as this is Torn related. But as others said, your best bet is to ignore him as best as you can. That type of person feeds off of attention and this thread won't exactly help. - AshleyT [1432316]
· 3 likes ·
True but I got perma bountied for over a year and a half for disagreeing with a now fedded player over how bounties should be balanced. Unprovoked doesn't always mean reasonable.
so this guy is constantly putting bounties on me, threatening to report me for multiple accounts that I dont have... he has a vendetta against me and theres nothing I can do about it. Is there some way of completely blocking this person from interacting with me? He just keeps messing with me. Am i too new or something? Am I suppose to just wait until he gets bored of it?
You can block/ignore someone, it prevents them from messaging you. Unfortunately you can't stop someone from bountying/attacking you :/
click [ignore] and never mail/chat them
Do you know the guy who it is? Do you know why he is bountying you? Did you ask for money? This should be in Torn Q&A
Moved this up to Q&A as this is Torn related.
But as others said, your best bet is to ignore him as best as you can. That type of person feeds off of attention and this thread won't exactly help.
From asking people what they did prior to a perma-bounty, I've learned that it's almost never unprovoked. So take accountability for your part in it.
In terms of moving forward, your best bet is to put that person on ignore+block, and get on with your life. Strangely, once you do that, they tend to get on with their lives too.
During that time learn the best way to deal with your time in hosp (you'll be surprised how much you can do with a white screen). That will become a skill for you if you ever want to join an active/successful faction. Also train your stats, and use that time to learn more about the game and how to do well in Torn.
All the best!
First thing is to train.
The guy is not a strong player level 14 played 800+ days and has a networth I had about day 10 probably.
His faction is a useless sack of crap, soon enough when you read some guides figured your play out and got some gym trains under you then you alone could wipe them out.
For now get reading some guides that is how to get strong.
I'll ask the guy why he is being unreasonable to you too.
Edit :
New players do not be throwing your weight around and playing with the bounty button some people don't like it. According to the other guy the matter is settled now and we can all skip along.
True but I got perma bountied for over a year and a half for disagreeing with a now fedded player over how bounties should be balanced.
Unprovoked doesn't always mean reasonable.
Sigh. It's Xmas so I'm gonna just leave this be. Merry Christmas Ashley!
Almost seems like you still got something to say but eh I don't really feel like arguing either.
I have spoken to the bountier and got a better view of the situation myself. Seems like the OP hasn't told the truth exactly.
They never do. Lots of people act innocent and deny accountability for their own actions that helped to create the situation. People don't spend time and money on bounties for no reason.
Haha let's park that. We can fight again next year. This year let's be friends ;) :)
Read this kid, its my story.
So back when bounties were 10k x level I had this guy Dekloren from SA get offended by my comment or some shit (in forums) and he warned me or something . Basically I was super drunk that night so I told him to eat a dick and I wasnt scared of his bullsshit thread and he in turn promised to bounty for 7 months straight. So next day when I woke up and read the messages I keenly mailed and apologized , not cuz of bounty but cuz I was wrong . This guy not only spit in my face he continued to bounty me for 3 months. I gave him no attention and vioula he stopped . It not like I gave a shit, cuz I could morph out but he is just an ******* who likes to make people miserable . Its just how it is, some people are nice (like collete, or my faction mates and many more) while others just want to see the world burn.
My personal advice is : apologize , even if you were right admit ur wrong. Then if the guy doesnt accept that , then you know hes a ducking ******* and you shouldnt concern yourself with him or waste time on idiots who think theyre tough over the internet. (Like Dikloren)
First off wow I am surprised at the kind of feedback this community gives like wow you guys actually care about the situation. I truly didnt think Id get any meaningful responses back on this noob ass thread:P but yeah to tell the truth he attacks me, I attack him and fail, get attacked back so Im like ok I cant do anything about this lol so I put a bounty on the person. Well then like I said I get these bounties 10x which is ok but you know they keep coming :/ we have exchanged messages but nothing truly provoking. If anyone wants I can post them but after the responses Ive gotten I feel the situation can be resolved with a simple apology. So my first move is gonna be that but if something wack happens Ill post here and let you guys know. Again I cant tell you how I appreciate the feedback! I knew this was a close-nit community but I had no idea how many mature people there really are here I guess :P. Happy Torning!
Sometimes it is very important to show of the massive size of one's e-penis. I think this sounds like someone wasn't happy that you thought you could compete with his. Those things are dainty and easily injured.. thus action must be taken to make them look massive again. live and learn.
I'm also rather interested as to what sort of convos they've been having.
I'd love to see both sides of the story before making any moves. Who's the bountier?
Some people are complete jerks...
Take harley for example, lad got triggered at an inoffensive comment on duke Christmas giveaway thread:
[image: image.prntscr.com]
and here is the result:
[image: image.prntscr.com]
[image: image.prntscr.com]
Plus I got added by a few friends of harley on their enemy list :')
What to do:
Let's them do their thing lol, they can't keep it for long.
Even if they do lol, you can always keep growing and they will just lose money and all.
Take harley for example, actively putting bounties on me as old ones gets cleared.
Not everyone have so much time to lose ;)
You can always offer someone to take all your bounties, most of the people does it for merits :)
Welcome to torn :)
I have noticed a lot of cheaters do play with the bounty button which is totally unfair. Using their cheated play money to bounty a real player is not right and should be stamped on whenever it is found.
It's called the report button bro. Shoulda woulda coulda.
Ive ran into proxima and Harley many times! And never once had a problem . I wonder what you did buddy.... also it looks like youre not showing the entire convo just parts you want us to see. Just by that I can tell youre hiding some shit. Plus who honestly gives a **** about triggering people online? What are you 10?
There are plenty of mature people here. Even plentier of immature ones, the thought is hey Im online I can say whatever shit I wann thing is thats not the case anymore. I dont wanna hear nasty shit from a noob or from the committee member I don give a phuck who you are. I come here to chill have fun not exchange shots with some greasy cousin phucking inbred red neck racist from the south.. be nice to me Ill be nice back 100% . Talk shit ill either mute u, or Ill sling some shit back (but still mute u in the end)