Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mulled Wine?

Started by FuriousGeorge [1960086] on in Food & Cooking.

5 replies · 61 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
McDallas [14757]

I love mulled wine, and mulled cider.

I find it's much better to make it yourself. Just like with pre-mixed sangria, pre-made mulled wine is the stuff of retarded hangovers. Plus it's so easy to make your own, and you can add a bit of rum to make it a bit more "happy".

What was in your recipe?
Wavecrest [1989660]

I've always been curious to try it, but haven't yet. Was it easy? And tasty? Because there's still plenty of time in winter for me to give it a go if so :D
FuriousGeorge [1960086]

Very good. Worth doing - pretty easy to do and easy to adjust after the fact for taste. We added more brandy to ours as some of the booze cooked out.
Daisy3 [730750]

hehe....because I love mulled cider, or spider as we call it (short for spiced cider) I thought I would love mulled wine. I had to add it to the same list that I have hot buttered rum on. I just love the names "mulled wine and hot buttered rum". The taste did nothing for me....lol.

I checked out your recipe, George and I can't remember putting brandy in. Maybe I"ll give it another shot. :P