Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Help Trip Brainstorm!

Started by Triplicant [2037705] on in Art & Literature.

11 replies · 73 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Triplicant [2037705]

Howdy everyone,

So I have wanted to start trying to promote some of my designs as Calligraphic Cards for a long time now, and decided to take the plunge today.

But...

I am fresh out of ideas for what to use for Quotes, Phrases, etc - Sayings and such that you would see in a place like Hallmark, for instance (or maybe not, in the case of the "Cynical" option designs).

I know I could always use Public Domain quotes, but that also tends to get a little tricky, in terms of me being highly paranoid someone's Estate &/Or Ghost is gonna sue me.

So, that brings us to right now;

What would you like to see on a greeting card? (Keeping in mind I am generally a terrible artist - I can only really do the dripping Calligraphy)

There are two main ideas in my head, Standard and Cynical.

Standard; "Have A Merry Christmas!", "You're The Light Of My Life", "I Love You more Than Life Itself", "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish", etc.

Cynical; "You Look Awful Today", "Here's Your Card, *******", "This Card Is Almost As Shitty As You", "You're The Reason Your Kids Will Never Call", etc.

I am open to any and all suggestions and constructive criticism on this idea, as I have never done anything like this before.

Thank you in advance for all of your advice,

~Trip
TurtleD234 [2092660]

Cynical: "You got 21 out of 20 on your Chromosome test."

"You look like Poseidon's little brother, Poseidown."

"Your family tree must be a cactus cause everybody on it is a prick."



Can't think of anything nice for Christmas ;3
WQ1F [2007780]

Most Certainly Scott, but Ella has some great quotes too.

I've always been a fan of the romanticism in some of F. Scott's writing.
Wavecrest [1989660]

It would really depend on the occasion for the greeting card. There's the "Thinking of You" sorts that could be both standard (Standard being, "Just saying hi!" or something and cynical being, "And wondering why the hell I'm doing that" etc). "Happy Birthday! You're not dead!"

Varies depending on the situation :)