48 replies · 660 views · thread synced · 16 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mine was when I got the masks from duke. You know the ginger kid or the young lady ones. That mission was rather new and there were only a few hundred of those masks around. So I sold them in the auction house for about 1.2m each.
What was your first million?
And if you can't remember your first million any power of ten will do.
My first million was probably when someone gave me a diamond bladed knife when I started. A million is so little to most people it's not really worth mentioning. Maybe first 100 million? First billion would be better?
I remember my first billion. I had been trading and travelling as much as I could, but as soon as I hit that 1b I pushed on to 2b so I could buy a PI without really stopping. A PI was my first achievement, really. All the money before that I didn't really think too much of. Once I owned the PI, didn't need to rent and had a vault I slowed down enough to actually consider new long term goals.
I do not recall my first million, however I do recall my first seven million and my first ten thousand dollars pay per day in a company. I remember my first seven million because every time I would save up to seven million I would blow it all, until I realized that I should save it and that's when my networth grew to what it is today. My first billion was remarkable because at the time I was in the 39th faction and I was paying all my income that I made weekly in the bank to keep a friend of mine in the faction (I was trusting that my friend that is still in the factions main faction that I agreed to pay the lump sum) I also remember being wealthy enough in my eyes (3.5b) that I didn't care how much I acrued after that. P.S I never scammed anyone to have the wealth I aquired to this day
My first mil... actually came from Collette if I remember correctly. I had stumbled into global and somehow irritated him like most noobs do in global chat, and he bountied me. I chatted to apologise, and shortly after Collette sent me a mil. Said something about me being okay since I wasn't begging.
All the noobs in NPC were terrified of Collette's perma-bounties back then...and I was just scared they'd find out about my 1m and mug me. Lol
Yeah, that's why I keep very little money on me. It costs about 1.3 million in points for a an energy refill? So, to break even, someone needs to get 250k from me to break even. Someone that read this thread, I'm going to guess, got a whopping 50k.
Sure, I lost the fight, but at the end of the day, I was red in someone's ledger, and that's amusing to me.