I'm curious, we had an issue here in Ireland where internet speed tests where registering high speeds (10mb down) but the providers were throttling the actual data...so a small packet was registered as being very fast, but normal browsing or streaming was shite. I'm curious as to the point of speed tests as the first thing your provider asks is 'What does the speedtest say?' ...but as been proved, they don't give a realistic view at all.
For example, my results all day have been around the 9mb mark, but now its the evening, and contention is a thing, I can barely use Torn.
Its just a very basic test to establish if your connection is anywhere near what its supposed to be. In reality a speedtest is only a baseline of data throughput at a given point, and makes no allowances for contention, nor other traffic being used over the same connection by the same/other devices on your own network when you run the test.
Equally you could be experiencing packet loss on the connection, so data is being dropped and uploaded/downloaded more than once, which may well make the result inaccurate.
boi where in Ireland are you getting 10mb? We get 260mb where I'm from!
We've no landline so we're on meteor mobile near yaughal in Cork
Three was worse... (unless you mean living near yaughal lol)