Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Name Change

Started by CatHead [1581564] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 156 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
CatHead [1581564]

I'm trying to take the name of an inactive player (367 days inactive), have been trying for a while and now the system has changed. Their name is only 3 letters long (first three of my name) and it's saying that the name is too short to be taken.

Is there any way to let me get this name now or is that final?

I've had my eye on their name for literally years, they were off and on active for a while (never reaching the full three months needed) and then when they did finally reach the three months, the rules were changed. Then when I asked staff to try to manually switch it was refused. Now all the criteria seems to be met and suddenly the name is too short. xD
dmitriyz [1990187]

Are you sure that it's saying that the name is too short? I get this error:

[image: storage5.static.itmages.com]

Which is totally correct because this account should be inactive for 1100 days according to the new rules (it depends on the user level). Moreover, there are some other requirements. For example, amount of active players who have added the account to their friend/blacklist.

But if you sure that you get 'Your name is too short' error when the entered name has >=3 characters I'll take a look at this.

[image: storage4.static.itmages.com]

Would be great if you provide us with a screenshot.

Thanks.
CatHead [1581564]

It appears youre right, sorry. Im just testing on my phone now since Im out when I get back Ill check again on my laptop and confirm that it is just me being dumb.

Have to say Im a bit disappointed that Ill have to wait another two years for the name of a user who has hardly been active for the last three years. Pretty frustrating to be honest.

Ill reply again once Ive checked on my computer.
CatHead [1581564]

[image: image.prntscr.com]

Turns out I'm not just dumb. Doesn't work as intended on my laptop. On my phone it updates fine, on the computer it shows this.I think I can trigger it by going back and forth between cathead, cathea, cathe, cath, cat, ca, and c they all get messed up if you do it enough.

But yeah, first time I definitely didn't do that, it just happened which is what triggered this report.
dmitriyz [1990187]

I understand, but we assume that this system will allow changing the names of only those users who exactly will not return to Torn.
CatHead [1581564]

Yeah, I can understand that and the reasoning behind it. Just a series of unfortunate events means I've missed my chance it seems. It's cool. Thanks for your response anyway. :)