Dearest Torn Citizens,
I obviously don't spend that much time here in Torn, yet. My pal that sternly suggested I join a few years ago spends a lot of time in the city and gives me an overview of what is happening around town every once in a while. No, actually, he bribed me with a snickers ice cream bar, the punk. Alas, I am still around, sporadically. Well to set the stage to the story, I was under the impression that not many great deeds are done in this torn city. And if they are done, they just aren't widely talked about or made publicly known. I hear there are a lot of generous folk that do giveaways (Boxer comes to mind) and a lot of others that put in numerous hours and time and effort into helping other players progress in this city. I guess, those aren't quite the good deeds I am thinking about here.
So what happened, you ask?
I purchased a faction back in October because I had finally come into a little bit of loot and it was suggested to me by my pal to get a faction and put the funds into the faction bank. He said I could get quick and easy access to the funds at any time. There were 2 other players in the faction when I joined and took ownership. 1 player left shortly thereafter and 1 stayed. To be honest, we haven't had much interaction or activity over the past few months. We just go about our own business. I have planned and initiated the occasional organized crime but I have not done much else beyond that. All fine and dandy, right? Well, as I do quite often, I went several weeks without visiting the city here. I log back in last week for the first time in a while and I find that I am no longer the leader of the faction and don't have access to anything in the faction. My pal was not online to ask questions and the other faction mate was not online. I was a little stumped. I checked the faction news page and found that leadership was taken over on 1/13. (My pal later said that he thinks it automatically transfers ownership after 30 days or something, he was not sure about that though). Hmm. Well the last faction news event before the leadership change was on 12/13, so I think it is safe to say that it does transfer after a month. "Poopity Poop," says I. I messaged the faction mate and left a note in the faction chat asking to transfer the leadership back. I still had a bit of funds left in the faction bank after-all, and I had paid for the faction to begin with. I logged out and again, was gone 3 or 4 days before logging back in today to check on things. You know what? Leadership was transferred back to me and nothing was taken or removed from the faction that I had put in. For this, I am Absolutely Amazed. What a story, right?! They didn't send a message back and they didn't chat back, they just quietly and honorably and justly transferred the faction ownership back.
2 discussion points to go along with my story:
1. What do you think of faction leadership automatically transferring after 1 month of not visiting Torn?
2. Do you have any good deed stories like this to share?
"Woo!" -Ric Flair