18 replies · 168 views · thread synced · 11 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · They did this once with iPads and then afterwards found out they aren't really allowed for some reason. Hasn't been repeated since.
Uhhm, I'm afraid I have so many questions that they would practically constitute a large amount of independent suggestions in themselves... Care to elaborate. What prizes, how do you enter, "based on level with donators and non-donators"?
Random comp with no content sounds great. In other news some people would like updates to be worked on that we been waiting for years for. But hey each to their own...
They must have a gambling licence don't they or how can we bet on real games I'm not sure if the same rules apply but that's how I read it the can do what they won't owners rites as I see it its not gambling its perk I'm pretty sure theirs no law against it.
I'm not to sure really on how they would brake down the lvls shouldn't really matter how they sectioned it the comp could run on energy making refreshers allowed it will cost them if someone wanted the bragging rites honors could be put I place as well for winners.
I was thinking ball park of $300 max sounds fair and can lower slightly on lvl groups donators.
And non donators max at 25 donator packs depending on lvl and can be decreased but with points added with donator packs.
This would be my starting point as of need of trial run could be bigger prizes if gets the right attention I don't see how anyone could complain money in money out or free ride if non donator.
If word got out could attract a lot of people you get out what you put in so to say.
I suggestion on non donator you have a month to choose your fate if you won't money you pay for a month donator status simple we are merely pay to enter a cash comp which will give the creator options on how much they are willing to pay out per group supply and demand theory. That all I can really say I'm just put I thought out their benefits everyones interest.
Updates are operated in my book and their asking to much meaning the game only changes so much without over working the game codeing to much giving them more time to focuse on the players and if it working right or not fine tuning as you may say.
...because gambling licenses are needed when you're gambling based on real currency. Although you can buy donator packs here and sell them for in-game currency, you're not using any real-world currency to directly bet, nor are you ever exporting in-game currency back to real-world transactions.
Sounds like a fantastic way to increase disparity on the platform again, based on someone's income. $300 might not sound like a lot, but that's a huge amount to just simply drop on a game. Most people don't even want to/can budget what a monthly donator pack costs, let alone 60x that.
And I don't understand the word disparity can someone explain that for me.
The rules are simple people pay to donate as this would fluctuate total a mount being handed out in prizes.
This is just for fun and competiveness and could easily be coded in once a year but I for got refreshing energy in the competition and non refreshing would have to be separated some how in to different categories if that's possible to code has been done before.
Sorry for not understanding.
But I did stipulate that this was non donators interests as well and winning could change their game play greatly giving them leway to brake away form others depend how they use the winnings.
Thiers no gambling which makes this legalized in every aspect I'm pretty sure it is allowed chad should know its he's money he can do what he wonts with it in my point of view I feel I have thought about it a lot I can code tryed making my own and was going to incorporate this in to it but don't know enough to fully create my own game.
I'm not sure on the cash payout for winning the compitition was an idea not sure on this law its not gambling so I'm 50/50 chad would know more about that one if he can confirm if this is fee sable by law I don't see how it isn't its still game maintenance if you ask me donations can be use for what ever they see fitting this is also how I see it.
I'm always up for competitions that dish out actual money prizes, but it seems game-related things get game-related prizes already. We have several competitions which make Torn monies through items and points throughout the year.
Like, why would Ched put out prizes with real-life monetary compensation when he can give prizes at no cost to himself, via made-up items in Torn with prices determined by supply and demand in the game? Which, furthermore, many Torn users are ecstatic to get as it is?
Then there's the idea that so many people have different currencies, since this game is played on a global scale, predominantly in the US and UK, so even more effort on Ched's part to give people cash compensation in the real world.
As I see this he isn't losing anything game money is made by donations which means money the game earns including status I specified a random amount won but also specified that the creator would know more on how much he wants to pay out for it.
These competitions are brought in as the creator sees fit maybe every two years to keep evening out anyloses he may or may not have taken but their can be only so many winners giving him more options on how he pays out the winners which can be foresighted by that creator aswell with losing to much if losing anything if calculated right.