The game tells me that I can't rate someones posts for a while. Does anyone know how long until I can rate their posts again?
Down voting posts
Started by Skitterboxxed [2084970] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Bug [1455582] Committee
· 2 likes ·
Do you only use the downvote function? It's possible something kicked in if you only down voted and never up voted anything?
The game tells me that I can't rate someones posts for a while. Does anyone know how long until I can rate their posts again?
It's usually under an hour, or even just a few minutes.
Tends to happen when you do multiple rates in a short amount of time.
It was 4 days before I could rate the person's posts again and then it let me rate 3 and then said the same thing again.
Hmm. I've not had that situation before.
Why are you rating this person so much? It sounds like a karma-abuse-reduction measurement kicked-in due to your behavior.
I was rating posts I don't like. I rated I think 5 the first time before it said that for days.
Yeah. It's to avoid someone getting picked on or having posts mass down or upvoted because of like or dislike towards a specific person.
Now you know the range of time it can take before you can target a specific person again, and what behavior would trigger the pause.
Ok. I wasn't trying to pick on them I just didn't like his posts lol. Thank you for the information.
Yeah I know a couple of folks here who's posts, by their own lack of value, almost all deserve a downvote.
Just go a little slower next time ;)
Do you only use the downvote function? It's possible something kicked in if you only down voted and never up voted anything?
For that specific user no. Nothing they post deserves an up vote lol. I have up voted other people's posts in the thread.
It happens. I dont down rate many posts but i uprate a lot. When i think someone is funny or posting useful stuff i like to uprate their posts. Often it is the same player im trying to uprate and it can be a very long time before you are allowed to rate again.
Well at least I now know. Thank you everyone for the responses.