Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Warehouse Arson Chili

Started by FuriousGeorge [1960086] on in Food & Cooking.

7 replies · 78 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
22 / 100
Historical score
11 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
FuriousGeorge [1960086]

Warehouse Arson Chili:

1 pound ground beef, use 80%/20%
1 pound ground pork
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can beer
3 shots bourbon
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1/4 cup white vinegar
4 ounces chicken broth
2 cans red kidney beans, drained
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fennel seed
2 tbsp cumin
4 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp tears of your enemies
1 tbsp sriracha (more if you want a lot of heat)
1 tsp liquid smoke (I recommend Wrights hickory)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper

1. Chop the jalapeno, onion, shallot and garlic. Add a little oil to the cooking pot, throw in the chopped stuff and brown them in the pot.
2. Add the pork and the beef, brown and stir until fully mixed and browned.
3. Season with the salt, pepper, cumin and the paprika. Stir well.
4. Add the wet ingredients: crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, chicken broth, liquid smoke, beer and bourbon. Stir well. Pour a 4th shot of bourbon for yourself.
5. Add in the fennel seed, chili powder, brown sugar, sriracha, liquid smoke and olive oil. Stir well.
6. Add in the drained corn and the drained kidney beans. Stir well.
7. Keep on low heat and occasionally stir, until the liquid has reduced to the consistency you like and it tastes like the alcohol has cooked out.
8. Serve with sour cream and grated cheese. Possibly over white rice.

[image: image.prntscr.com]

[image: image.prntscr.com]
bjorn [1945984]

When do I add in the 2 tbsp of enemy tears? Yiu never specified. Or did you mean the recipe will yield 2 tbsp of enemy tears if I feed them this flamin hot chilli?

Jokes aside look good! I'd eat it with some cheesy garlic bread.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

I can get behind all this...esp Step #4.

Will try asap, but gotta dial it down a bit on the heat. Not so much for the flavor, but how my body handles it. Lol.

That vinegar add will certainly wake up all those yummy flavors.

I miss corn!!!!! Doc says it's a no-no for me.
poptop [1355657]

It sounds delicious.

I am going to get in trouble with this, but I am fond of chilli over shredded iceberg lettuce - there is something about the cold crunchiness of the lettuce against the hot softness of the chilli.