Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Retaliation Not Working?

Started by dESTROYS [67441] on in Bugs & Issues.

20 replies · 355 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

dESTROYS [67441] ×2 daCampa [169777] ×1 LESTAT [315134] ×1 JACKBLACK [323597] ×1

dESTROYS [67441]

So it seems the retaliation bonus is not working properly:

17/02/18 3:17:29 PM Destroys hospitalized Nestor (+7.26)
17/02/18 3:17:16 PM Nestor hospitalized logiet (-0.60)

17/02/18 2:58:45 PM Destroys hospitalized LESTAT (+7.31)
17/02/18 2:58:39 PM LESTAT hospitalized daCampa (-0.63)

I didn't take a printscreen of the chain box in time, but for both the retaliation bonus icon was also not showing, confirming that indeed there was no retaliation bonus being applied.

Both attacks were hospitalizations, within 5 minutes, and they were the first attack.

What's going on?

Mentions: daCampa [169777] · dESTROYS [67441] · LESTAT [315134]

daCampa [169777]

I had attacked LESTAT some minutes before, but it wasn't for retal, it was a regular hit.

Maybe it's counting attacks instead of retals for the retal cooldown?
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Yup this is how it currently works - if someone has been hit within 5 minutes, they cannot be retaliated on.


Blistig [1553363]

Is 7 respect the normal amount of respect you get a hit? I only get 4 for fair fight bonus, with no other bonuses. Maybe the icon just isnt showing, but you are still getting the added bonus.
Blistig [1553363]

Ah I didnt explain myself. When I said normal, I was meaning with no chain bonus. Had I bothered to check if they were chaining, I wouldnt have asked lol
dESTROYS [67441]

That's not the issue here.

The problem is if the player has been attacked in the past 5 minutes, even if it wasn't a retaliation, he can't be retaliated which seems a bit odd.

Why not just make the 5 minute cooldown be triggered only with retaliation hits? Has the same effect to stop retaliation abuse, and it removes this lameness of losing random retal bonuses for no reason.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I believe the 5 minute cooldown can be removed, there's no need for it anymore due to the requirement for hospitalisation.
dESTROYS [67441]

Just for clarity, after the 5 minute cooldown is removed, retals still only work with the first hospitalization after an attack right?

Or is it fair game to hit as many times within the 5 minute window?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

1 attack = 1 possible retaliation. After the first retaliation, you need to receive another attack from them to get another retaliation.



I will pass this over to Sergey to check / remove the 5 minute retaliation block.
Somebody [1763067]

Looks like in removing the 5 minute cooldown, they also accidentally removed the 5 minute retal window. Currently, you should be able to hit someone who hit your faction yesterday and still score a retal as long as they weren't already retaled for the same hit previously.