Wouldn't it be amazing if there was a clone of the game torn but set in an 'oldy worldy' type era. With magic and dragons and stuff. Could be pretty much the same game but a different vibe. Yoo hoo! Chedburn!? Read this post please and make it happen. Ok, thanks, cheers.
Medieval Torn
Started by perf [2079923] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 3
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 24 / 100
- Historical score
- 13 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 33 / 100
Wouldn't it be amazing if there was a clone of the game torn but set in an 'oldy worldy' type era. With magic and dragons and stuff. Could be pretty much the same game but a different vibe. Yoo hoo! Chedburn!? Read this post please and make it happen. Ok, thanks, cheers.
I'm sure it's as easy as "make it happen".
I've seen a few attempts at clones of Torn... I also remember in the late 90s and early new millennium there were text based browser games that were kind of like what you ask.
Really, all you have to do is learn a server side language, and start putting out versions of said game--with various updates and stuff. The only real problem is getting people to play said game. I mean... the sort of thing is not that hard to make--I remember back in the days before the Internet was common place, you'd load up your computers built in BASIC interpretor, and build a game like what you are saying... fudge around in it for a bit then eat like a PB&J sandwich and nap somewhere.
Oh right... I'm suppose to also say something about getting off my lawn... but I cannot.. I do not own a lawn. Frownie Face