Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How often do items spawn on the map?

Started by TheRealRags [2100445] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 89 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

TheRealRags [2100445]

I have been checking the map every day since Valentine's day for items, but I haven't found any since then. How often do items spawn, and is there a way to find them faster?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

It's random, faster depending on your awareness. Job specials such as a zoo, education perks or merit boosts can help.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Activity doesn't matter anymore, just logging in once a day will give you the same chance than being on all day.
lickdapoo [1827223]

items can spawn once a day...however its not guaranteed that something spawns...this,as stated above can be influenced by investing in awareness...

itsnot unlikely that nothing will show up for days or weeks...even if you have additional perks
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

It's not worth checking every day.

The Valentines day Love Juice was a special event, and it showed up on every persons map that day. If it wasn't picked up that day, it went away again. But that's a special case, not normal behavior.

Normally, once an item spawns on your map, it stays there until you pick it up, no matter how long that takes. Spawns are relatively rare. Most of the items are low end items, though it's possible to get stat enhancers and other expensive items. I usually pick things up once every month or two. On Valentines, because I heard people talking about the event, I went and picked up my love juice, and all other items. I had not picked anything up in several months and had 15 items or so. Since then, nothing new has spawned.