Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Laptop Updates

Started by Maltheal [577318] on in Suggestions.

63 replies · 336 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 64 / 64 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
64
Discussion span
→
Authority score
30 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Maltheal [577318]

Been doing a bit more traveling as of late, so I decided to go ahead and grab a laptop just so there can be something remotely interesting to do while traveling. While looking at the forums is fun and looking at stocks and sending mail is great, I think there should/could be more. There are even things you can't look at while on the laptop as well. So here are my suggestions.

1. Add a simple game. Solitaire, freecell, minesweeper, word search/crossword, SOMETHING. Something that will help ease the pain of flights a little bit and to help pass the time. (yes I know these games can be had on your personal computer, but wouldn't mind it being here.

2. Allow directors/leaders access to things for their companies/factions. I'm not saying like funds, so you couldn't send yourself money while traveling, but adjusting payroll and advertising, ordering stocks, and advertisement costs (for company owners) and setting permissions, and viewing activity in factions could be a couple useful options while traveling. As I do actually travel a lot IRL, I am able to access these things, so I don't think it's too much to ask to have it in the game. I, for one, would find great use of this option. Also, while traveling it would be useful to use that time to write the company/faction newsletters.

3. Maybe even online gambling where you can access some of the casino games for an online version of the casino to gamble or place bets. Might help keep activity going while traveling.



Now for discussions! Lets hear what you guys think too!
JuliusBlack [2100899]

That's a great idea! Only, no. 3 would be out, as a lot of airlines discourage and forbid cellular activity, so internet is out. Rest is good and I

LOVE


number 1.