Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fallout 4.

Started by DanielleJaide [2106761] on in Gaming.

6 replies · 75 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

Didn't give much of a chance to Fallout 4... Played a few hours but that was about it... It didn't help that i got Witcher III at around the same time, but the game seemed quite boring to me...

Maybe when i'm bored again i'll invest a few more hours in it, but considering the amount of games i have that i want to "invest a few hours into" Fallout might end up just collecting dust.
RyoSasaki [1780208]

My 1st play through I joined the Institute. (Mainly to abuse the teleportation fast travel) As far as any useful information I will just copy/paste the tips I posted in another Fallout 4 thread. Hope they help.



- Help the Railroad long enough to do Jackpot missions, once you do 1 or 2 you unlock Ballistic Weave. It allows you to armor regular clothes up to 110 defense for energy and ballistic defense. I recommend dirty army fatigues as it leaves open all armor slots. You can also BW a hat, battered fedora comes to mind but a green hat (forgot the name) is a better choice. Total 220 defense + whatever the armor you wear provides.

- For perks, max Gun nut or blacksmith, armorer, science, lock pick, and hacking, medicine, and weapon type of choice as quickly as possible. I would also suggest 6 charisma to get local leader supply lines and shops in your settlements.

-For companions who like it when you lock pick, the location Back Street apparel has a lock that you can keep re locking with a terminal to spam likes. Just wait 2 hours on the sofa of chair in the same room before re lock picking. Piper is easiest to romance.

-I hate the Children of Atom and their dang rad guns. I wold suggest stacking rad resist on armor (lead lining) to deal with them until you get the higher Endurance perks (Ghoulish and Solar powered)

-For early level gaining, get Idiot Savant perk. Then do Brotherhood repeatable quests at the police station. Sleep if you have a romanced companion with you for max benefits. Save before turning in the quest If idiot savant does not activate then reload you game and try again. It gives you the exp when they give you caps. So if you hear the caps noise but no idiot savant, you can reload. I would suggest stopping at level 60 for this method as it really isn't worth it anymore. But I did use it for a few quests that gave about 1.5k exp without the perk and received about 6.5k exp. (Far Harbor quests: Talking to Avery after helping Far Harbor fully, and Dima when turning in his quest after siding with him.)
Lonestar [1151936]

I'm actually on a 2nd playthrough at the moment in between a 3rd playthrough of Farcry 4, GTA online and Elite: Dangerous. I have very little time for gaming eo that may take me most of this year lol. First time I sided with The Brotherhood of Steel out of loyalty from Fallout 3 lol. This time, I plan on siding with The Institute.


Andrey [2080009]

i'm on my second play through at the moment. i modded the shit out of the game (mostly visual). I'm a big fan. As far as siding with factions, it doesn't really reduce the quality of the game. I do want to point out some of the must have guns in the game:

1. deliverer - gained after some nick valentine missions. silent, accurate up close and cost minimal AP in VATS (you can empty a 12 round clip in VATS) no problem. great against raiders and ghouls

2. kellog's pistol - powerful magnum. good for headshotting though enemies in VATS

3. righteous authority - given by paladin danse after some BoS missions. Critical hits galore!

4. Le Fussil Terribles - mighty auto shotgun that can be found during the first mission from father (where you meet courser to go hunt down bandits). good for busting off limbs in tight spaces

Other cool loot:

full vim style power armor at vim pop factory in far harbour

broadsider - portable hand cannon given by the robots after siding with them on that broken ship


InsomniaNoir [2107656]

The game glitched on me so it won't trigger the Hoover Dam mission. So, I'm going to have to start it over at some point but I went back and started Fallout 3 instead.
DanielleJaide [2106761]

I've started again for the 3rd time, I don't know what faction in going to join again, but is there anyway you can keep all factions up and running or basically do you have to decide and get rid of two factions?.