Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Viruses

Started by dth18 [2103002] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 129 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
dth18 [2103002]

Is it worthwhile programming viruses? Seems to take a long time for very little return. Am I missing something?


Stewie [1494547]

There's a merit/honor bar for coding 100 viruses.

There are ways to reduce the time it takes with the stock benefit (IIL), there's also company specials (Game Shop) and there's a couple education courses I believe that also reduce the time.

Edit: from the Wiki:

[image: i.gyazo.com]
SeaLion [250755]

Well it takes nothing away from you to code them. A click every week or so. Very little effort for that little return, so it will add up over time.
Claire [1971751]

Buy IIL, it will decrease your virus coding times by 50%. And there is no real use for coding viruses other than the merit as the useful viruses like the Stealth virus (Which is the only virus worth using) just takes too long. So you should do only simple viruses which normally takes 10 days to complete one but if you have IIL you can complete one in 5 days so you complete 100 in 500 days.
Scuba [512975]

Absolutely is - you get a merit out of it and $200,000 for free with every coded stealth virus. There's literally no reason not to, honestly.
SeaLion [250755]

You can take another 50% off coding time with a few of the computer education courses. One of the least desirable education trees though. I got my merit a while ago. I just keep going because I figure it has to give a little experience.
heresy23 [949810]

Do the education and buy the stock....then a 10 day virus takes 3 days...free merit..and I mean the stock block is super cheap....Im sure you gain xp by coding..so might as well..