Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A Torn Election

Started by JacksonM [2102759] on in Politics & Law.

10 replies · 66 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
9 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

JacksonM [2102759]

I'm just curious to see if Torn were America (scary thought, right?), who would we have elected in the 2016 election? Select the candidate you would have chosen if you had the opportunity to pick any candidate - even the ones who dropped out before the election ended. If you're foreign and don't know candidates, please do at least some basic research on their policies before voting.
Tolshortte [648554]

I voted for trump but not because I wanted him. I just didn't want Hilary and there wasn't any other viable choice to accomplish that goal.

I wouldn't vote for any of them.

those Dems have proven, imo, to be utterly useless and servants to some corporate entity.

those Repubs have proven, imo, to be utterly useless and servants to the same corporate entity.

I know state senators, past and present, in my own state. only 1 of the ones ive known ever wanted to go federal. they almost always go private after terming out. their description of Washington is not a very good one to say the least. I had small hopes, though no expectation, that Trump would correct some of that. that hope is now gone.

the statement that both are two sides of the same coin rings more true now than ever.

I truly do not believe we will ever have a president that is truly a person of the people with the citizens best interest at heart. to get that far you seemingly have to serve someone.