Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Detective Agency Job Specials - Value??

Started by Enigma [2025298] on in Company Discussion.

8 replies · 362 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
Enigma [2025298]

"1* References : View someone's employment and faction history for 2 job points"

Just on an information gathering mission, and curious what people might consider paying for info regarding someone's faction and employment history. Heard a rumour that the person's previous aliases are also revealed, so seems really useful for faction leaders and those trying to determine if a person is a known scammer from the past.

I'm not looking for offers on the info, just basically trying to determine value so I can steer my employees in the right direction. Thoughts?
Ecks [335191]

Just a quick question about this special. Does it show all employment history for the user or does it have a limit on how far it goes back due to the game not logging that info back a long time ago? Also, does it show you how long you stayed with a company?
Charnock [505030]

I don't really see any value in this at all tbh. Could possibly help against spies in factions although most big factions seem to know what's going on in other factions most of the time anyway. Even with previous names shown most scammers / nasty people will amass a high number of enemies on their profile and are usually well known.
Blunt [2076337]

It only goes back to about mid 2016. I ran a reference report for someone (charged 500k) and they complained and said it wasn't the FULL history. The oldest company/factions that were showing were from May 2016, so I guess around there is the cutoff. So that could mean that the cutoff is permanently set at 5/16, or the cutoff is 2 years prior o running the reference... only time will tell. But I did have a few "bites" when I offered reference services for 500k.
McDallas [14757]

I wonder if it's a certain amount.

My faction history only went back to 2013, and my company history went back to 2015.

I'm not sure about my job situation, but I was in other factions prior to the oldest one listed for me (ViN), and I would have liked to see those before.
Enigma [2025298]

As in most databases, older records are purged to make room. My guess is that there was a server migration around that time, or some technical issue that required memory to be freed up. I noticed forum archives only go back to that same period as well.
McDallas [14757]

This makes the most sense. There was also a time when certain things weren't recorded. I have 0 spies done for example, eventhough I've done spies.