Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

minimum bounties

Started by linklover9 [2021190] on in Suggestions.

21 replies · 142 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

linklover9 [2021190]

add in minimums for the bounties so that there aren't 5 pages of 1$ bounties

when I started I wanted to be a bounty hunter but due to the lack of minimum bounties I can't do that and it sucks
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Does it matter? It only affects the bottom lines anyway :/



An option to search by cash or level would be nice though.
AshleyT [1432316]

Because the lack of it screws over the bounty hunters who aren't just in it for the merits.

Not to mention it makes the titles tied to bounties make much less sense, and skewers total bounty stats severely to the point they no longer hold any true value.
heresy23 [949810]

Go back to the old bounty system, this new system only favors the small number of people that like to bounty ppl 9000 times..I can't even believe this system is still in place!


_Abaddon_ [1617737]

If someone is trying make a living off of bounty, aka "Bounty Hunters", they have to go through hrs of sitting on the bounty section for good money hits. Putting in limits on that will be ..... making it too easy.
AshleyT [1432316]

How is that working fine??? That's the opposite of fine. Bounties should be for bounties, not merits. It essentially downgrades the bounty system from being a system to actually hurt players, to a merit producing machine.

While I still think bounties need some serious balancing changes, this does not help the fact they are broken when taking into account what they are there for to begin with in the first place.

Ched removed the limit on the idea that the prices would regulate themselves and small bounties would not get hit, but we all see how his removal of regulations works (Forums). But he directly said himself, the idea was that prices would be regulated by the community and that would force people to spend a lot to actually hurt other players, but the result is the community has just turned it into merit fodder.
themainman [1629262]

Quit complaining about price regulation etc unless you're actually gonna put "proper" bounties on people yourself

Just so you guys knows she put $200 bounties on a guy in out faction yet here she is complaing about prices and that it should be used to actually hurt players etc

Don't think anyone is gonna be hurt with $200 bounties...

[image: i.gyazo.com]

on page 25 of the bounty section
AshleyT [1432316]

I did that to display annoyance with the person, and to avoid straight up putting $1, my intention was that most people would not see that.

Of course like every Torn citizen, they get offended when you fight back even in little ways so he slammed me with 10 real bounties for 100k, so your faction mate actually properly pays bounty hunters at least, I'll give him that.
themainman [1629262]

thing is u complain about the system of $1 bounties yet do the same thing...

no point saying its to display your annoyance u just did what u are trying to stop
AshleyT [1432316]

Uhh, one problem. That's $200, not $1. That was a very deliberate choice. I could have just used $1, but I didn't.

Is it a pay I expect to be taken? No, but some merit hunter would probably take it anyway which is my entire problem with it.
AshleyT [1432316]

No, I got your point, but also pointed out I deliberately avoided the $1 problem.

If you try to talk to them if they annoy you, people just say you're crying, so instead I just use a throwaway bounty, which I shouldn't be able to do but until it's changed.
AshleyT [1432316]

So you admit it's a problem, haha,

Neither you or your faction mate are particularly bright but we are on the verge of derailing this tread so I suggest you cut it.
Martin-Schafer [1703821]

easy way would be provide a special search for bounty hunters with donator status.. search for all bounties with a price for between 5k-6k or make the bounty page live to see all unclaimed bounties only
Kayla [2031661]

DoctorN has recently added a feature to only show bounties on targets out of hosp. No way to search in a price range, though.