You may have heard of the film 'Ready Player One' that's out.
It's based on a book by Ernest Cline.
It's Science Fiction a cross between Willy Wonka and The Matrix.
FULL to the brim of 80's nostalgia from music, to gaming and movies.
Atari, Sega, Pac Man, Ferris Buelers Day off, Highlander and so much more!
It's such a great book, I HIGHLY recommend it.
Ive read the book. It wasnt really impressive per se. I got annoyed when the author easily threw around some terms with very generalized explanation. Especially Japanese terms. But yeah, it was a fun read, really walking down the memory lane for people who have always been familiar with arcade gaming and before that.
The movie was better than the book, imho. Spielberg managed to compress the whole idea and made the story easier to digest for the general public while the nerds who watch it can have fun with the trivias like recognizing the characters and scenes.
I loved the audiobook. Will Wheaton did an amazing job as the narrator. Looking forward to seeing the movie. Hope its as good as you say.
Well, its a family movie. So if youre familiar with the book, you would notice how things were compressed and shortened to garner more audiences.
Also, I watched the movie back to back with Pacific Rim 2: Uprising, so I was still in giant-robo hype. XD
Yes, i read via the audio book. I think Will Wheaton is a big part of the reason i loved it so much.
I've got Ernest Clines other book Armada, also read by Will Wheaton. But I'm in the middle of the audiobook for Enders Game.
As for the movie, it was pretty amazing. More nods towards this day and age of gaming though. But I loved parts it included that wern't in the book. And missed certain things that were in the book.