Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Battletech

Started by Tolshortte [648554] on in Gaming.

9 replies · 59 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Tolshortte [648554]

who is excited?

I don't normally get excited about games much anymore. however mechs + turn based combat has me looking forward to this one.

I even pre ordered it. I don't normally go that route for obvious reasons but I really want to play it asap. that and it releases on my birthday.

cant wait for a day of battletech and german chocolate cake!!
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

No clue that existed, even got exited about it for a second now, but then realized it was a Paradox game...

It sure will be fine, as most Paradox games are... But you might as well prepare 300$ for all the DLC's...
No_yolo_plz [1889385]

I really enjoy the Battetech universe.

Although I only really played Mechwarriors 4 Mercs and Mechwarrior Online (which are both shooters not strategy) I cant wait for paradox to release basically the table top game.

Cant wait to hop into and take control of the iconic Altas again XD
No_yolo_plz [1889385]

Hopefully we can customize our entire Battlemech Lance (I mean that is the whole point of the Battletech universe, to build our own mechs) and pit our Lances against each other in strategic combat

(or just missle spam from 1 end of the map to the other lol)
Tolshortte [648554]

both are possible

apparently you are managing your entire battlemech company. from pilots to mechs, on top of doing the battles. this includes random events during travel etc. seems pretty cool.

I just hope it works at launch lol.


Medtech_Cogs [1706717]

It's being published by Paradox, not made by them. The developers are Harebrained Schemes who wrote the Shadowrun games.



Aside from that. Although I've played Battletech since it was a board game, I can't say I'm on the edge of my seat over this. I watched a few dev streams and it seems like they won't be including everything they wanted to, so i'll either get it when it's reduced prior to the 3050 version or i'll just go straight for 3050.
EagleScream [2086034]

I miss Mechwarrior 2, Mech 2 GBL, and Mech Mercenaries, those were great games.  Have been thinking about it on steam for a few days now...