I'm not sure if this would be easy to do or hard to do, but I would suggest additional chatrooms for trading purposes. It gets chaotic in the trade chatroom with multiple users selling and buying, often your post is visible for a split second before it vanishes. I would suggest 3 trade chat rooms myself,
Trade: Buying - This chatroom would be for buying goods and services.
Trade: Selling - This chatroom would be for selling of goods and services.
Trade: Companies - This chatroom would be for people searching for work or company owners searching for employees.
This would be very useful
Thanks. Yesterday, I had to keep pasting every 5 seconds until I eventually gave up because one user was spamming begs for money.
Your forum need a little editing. Like,
Trade: Buying, Trade: Selling, Trade: Companies.
the word that red highlight i recommend to use bullets. It make easier to read. But, i like your idea anyway
In the future you can report such a player rather than adding to the problem
It wasn't just the user in question as other people were using chat. I did report him. Every 20 seconds or so, he was begging.
I can't figure out how to do that, so I changed it a bit.
No offence, but if you're going to correct him on his formatting, maybe make sure you at least have your grammar correct. I use an extension called Grammarly that is super useful for those sorts of things :)
Instead of companies I think it would be better to just have a "miscellaneous" trade chatroom since people sometimes advertise their factions and forum games etc.
Honestly depends on the times. Ive thought about this before. There are times trade wont even move.
- Monitoring 3 chats is thrice as harder for staff. Trade isnt modded 90% of the timed while we have 1 rn...
- You cant look at 3 chats at the same time on a phone (we have lots of mobile users)
- Everything in trade cant be put under buying/selling.
Plus, if Im looking to put some money somewhere Id like to see it all under 1 chat.
Three chats is gonna be nothing but a huge mess.
A huge mess? Not really, it would be a lot easier for most people. And I have counter arguements for the points you raised.
1: Three chats with no mods? I've never saw a mod in trade and msot of the time mods reply to reports anyway.
2: Open and close chat tabs. Problem solved.
3: Yes, that's why 3 trade tabs would be easier. You get stuff like this every few seconds
BUYING ] : Flowers & Plushies, Smoke- Flash Grenades, DPs, E-Cans, E-DVDs, FHCs, BCTs, Xanax, Supply Packs, Meds, , Cesium, Boxing Gloves, Dumbbells, Skateboards, Parachutes, Weapons, Armours & Almost everything. (Extricate of Mug & Scam)
which takes up half the damn chat and then people post their own crap every 3 seconds. Might not remove the problem but make it easier for people.