Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Environment: threshold or relative?

Started by LimitBreakr [1563326] on in Company Discussion.

14 replies · 179 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

LimitBreakr [1563326]

Does anyone have insight on how environment effects income?

Aside from 100% being ideal, are there % thresholds where income will drop? 

Has anyone tested using Unassigned? Typically, changing/removing cleaner means adding another income generating position, so -Environment but +Income



Is environment in any way relative? Assuming equal enough companies (star, advertising, employees) but different environments, would it make sense for customers to gravitate towards the cleanest place of business while a company with significantly lower environment being less desirable to customers
RYAN_SHEPHERD [2038695]

In my own experience with a 10 Star Fitness Center running at 150% when I tried to replace a cleaner my environment went down, and so did my profits. The environment has an impact on employee effectiveness. When I used the cleaner position again, the environment went back up along with gains.

I have not done any testing of thresholds as of yet.
RenegadeRuss [1295794]

Good question..I always use a cleaner now BUT I've seen better results without a cleaner where environment been 90 ish..I've got the biggest staff room at my TV and 16 man..I always hoped I could avoid having a cleaner but it's not the case..
Iwasme89 [1693153]

if your guys rehab regulary you don't need a cleaner, when i owned my 10* fitness center i was at 100% environment without one...

i think that not the environment has an effect on your employees performance but it is the other way around.

environment is only an indicator for your employees activity and drug addiction status so if you want to improve it work on these two variables.

see the director and employee handbook (https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=15929833&b=0&a=0) confirmed by own experience

Mentions: Director and Employee Handbook

Xanet [2007324]

I used to run a 10* nightclub, environment was constantly at 97% or so. I believe my employees were all active and drug free.
Shafz [1722984]

Depends on your staff room size, after i got to level 3, i experimented and cleaner gave me lower income than a money making role
LimitBreakr [1563326]

Wait.. You have Colossal Staff Room, for size 20, on a 16man? For that much extra investment I would expect no need for cleaner
spankey [894480]

I have replaced my cleaner with a store manager (Only an AN store) but this keeps environment @ 100% and still has a role generating income, unsure of roles within your respective companies, but perhaps there is an equivalent role within yours, such as 
Stagehand33,000 / 0 / 16,50058 / 0 / 29This position works with the other staff, providing a huge variety of staging services. From lighting operation to set building.
within a TV network company for example.  As to drugs, i have a few drug free, but plenty of drugs taken 
RenegadeRuss [1295794]

So..dropped the cleaner today..dropped to 87%..BUT income is 5m better than yesterday that had 100% ..uummmmm yup so...

Collosal staff but environment drops to that.