Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

WTF Scimitar???

Started by LordAdamant [2116551] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 371 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
44
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

LordAdamant [2116551]

Am I the only one who thinks that there's something insanely messed up with the scimitar weapon?  It does insane amounts of damage with seemingly no bloody reason to be doing that much and its existence is literally ruining my experience at this point.  Wtf is wrong with this weapon?!?!?!?!
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

It's not the weapon.  Whoever is hitting you just has stats a lot higher than yours.  Stats matter a lot more than the weapon or the armor.


dunmugmeh [538353]

Yes. The scimtar is a 'junk' weapon. Its not a entirely useless weapon but there are so many others which are better.

His issue is with his low stats.
Kayla [2031661]

The scimitar sucks, the damage is coming from the stats of whoever is hitting you. If they were using an actually good weapon they would be doing even more.
LordAdamant [2116551]

I've been levelling my stats like crazy, but for some reason, the scimitar regularly does almost 200 points of damage and I'm against people who are lower ranked than me, so I'm pretty sure it's not stats.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

You should heed the wisdom of the 6k days played above you.  Sure, you could see a few critical hits that make things seem worse.

But I would trust the 3 that posted above, they not messing with you.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

You are 8 days old, level 6, and living in a shack.  I guarantee you have low stats.

You came and asked for advice.  Multiple people all gave you the same advice - it's your stats.  But you somehow seem to think that you're some high stat beast after playing for about a week. 

We're trying to help, but if you just ignore what you're told, there isn't much we can do for you.

Training in a shack means you are training with very low happy.  That gives low results in gym.  Better housing, higher happy, better results in the gym.  That will lead to higher stats.

You say they are "lower ranked", and I assume you mean level.  Level isn't really important, and is a very bad way to judge who is stronger.  Players can choose to not level up, and there are some very strong low level players (level 1's even) who just refuse to level up.  They can't do much against people who play the game well, but they can beat the heck out of newbies like you with no problem.

Level 15 is important so you can travel, and that means others will level hold at level 15 or 16 or so.

I don't recommend the level holding, but it's an example of why you can't use level to judge who will win a fight.  Winning fights is mostly about gym stats, not level.




Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I'm going to take the word of LordAdamant as he seems quite adamant about the scimitar over other weapon systems. 

No more Duke mission mods for me I'm getting a scimitar.
Doggo [2092005]

Baldr, one of the most helpful players in torn, just gave you advice. and you arent listening to it.



a bunch of other people, gave you advice, you arent listening to it



you arent gona listen, are you?
OrbitalSentry [1986189]

Exactly what Baldr said. You at most have a couple thousand stats at this point. The most in the game is BodyBagger, at 366 ****ing trillion stats.
The_Totem [1763443]

Just a quick advice.

Since you're married to another player that has a palace, you could moved in with her, and get higher happiness (plus, the rant is free (I think.)

Perhaps drugs isn't available to you yet. But, if you can get them (LSD or Xanax), I recommend you use some of them.

These, and Donor Stat helps too (best part, though expensive in-game, you don't actually have to use RL money on it.)