Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Volcano's

Started by AwakeNoWokeFail [79965] on in Science.

6 replies · 101 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

They cause a lot of destruction when they are untamed.

I think I've figured out a way to tame them and safer to play with.

Anyone ever heard of those islands generally called Hawaii? They have a volcano and river of lava that flows to the sea.

I was thinking we could like drill holes through the base of a volcano to keep the pressure off and have pretty fire colored rivers.
Hamr [2027992]

*Volcanoes

.

I'm not much of a geologist, but the magma that feeds into volcanoes comes up from the core of the earth due to *various geologicaal processes*. There is no "base" to drill through, and the quantities of materiel - if one were to devise an extraction method - are literally planet-scale.


Hamr [2027992]

Unless you mean drilling holes into the side of a volcano, at convenient ground-level locations. The holes you'd have to make would be flipping enormous, and could have a tendencty to seal themselves (due to the molten rock cooling) or spill over (due to too much materiel and pressure).
Intricate [1957884]

Nobody learn anything from the Oklahoma fracking operations? Or Nevada's Nuclear test sites?

Drilling just creates a weakness, meaning a place earthquakes will hit when the pressure transfers.
DonCabra [2082453]

@Sekhmet 

In another life I would have said your first post was a 'bite'. You're a Level 77 and the Q. is third grade ?

Well, I'll bite...here y'go FWIW

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/12/us/hawaii-kilauea-volcano/index.html 



ALL volcanoes are 'untamed' :-) 

There are some things in this world which mankind has zero control over - seismic activity is one of them.



Why...I mean,like....not even The Donald can change a lava flow ( although many folk would just LOVE to see him try ! ) 

Might want to also have a glance at this ?  http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/earth/natural_disasters/supervolcano#



Your username is Egyptian but I'm guessing you aren't in Alexandria? Unless it's Alexandria,Va? :-) 

In which case...... keep an eye out Westward :-)