Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn past, present & future

Started by SharpMid [1833276] on in General Discussion.

110 replies · 758 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 111 / 111 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
111
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

sharkeyfive [1151690] ×2 KrakFreak [9170] ×1 Mat-Senpai [952164] ×1 Collete [1389080] ×1 MaxHeadRoom [1429645] ×1 Reaper110 [2008615] ×1

SharpMid [1833276]

Hello guys its me, SharpMinds SharpMid.

Since I have been banned for over 18 months now and during that time I have held my breath for every single second until my ban ended, I have been restricted from using forums, mails and chat I have built up some things I want to take up with the Torn community.

I was banned just as you all know for posting something that I shouldn’t have posted. Did I learned my lesson? Yes, was it rightful justice? No I don’t think so. I think that the staff have something against me.. Back in the day when I first joined Torn you might remember that all users get a welcoming message from random staff saying basically if you need any help or some shit you can mail them back and ask them questions and what not. The mail I received upon registering on Torn was something along the lines of “Heh.. SharpMid.. you better log off right now and never come back because we are already keeping an eye on you and you time here won't be easy.” After I received that message i played for a couple of days like any noob would.. I went to the gym, did the starter missions but now when i look back at it something was very wrong.. When I was hitting the gym on torn my stats didn’t go up, the missions didn’t actually get completed once i pressed complete mission and for some reason I was already forum banned for 2 years upon registering to Torn. This seemed just weird to me so I of course stopped playing and didn’t think more of it. I was reintroduced to Torn after I received a newsletter of some kind saying that i had 1m in my account and I had been mugged.. I didn’t know what it was but i logged in to my long forgotten Torn account still being level 1 and looked at the event logs.. I was attacked by chedburn and his staff members every day for 1 year and 6 months straight while being inactive!?!?

Discussion topic: Is this even possible or do you think that the logs were faulty?

Moving on I was now unbanned from the forums and all the restrictions of my account had been lifted and I was able to play the game as it was supposed to. What I did was before even using my energy was to buy a subscriber status and donator packs. Thinking back I wonder if this was the right thing to do..

Discussion topic: Coming back from a long ban what is the first thing you would do in Torn?

Anyway after activating my account as the subscriber status and donator I headed to the forum which now was accessible for me and started browsing around. I made my first thread speaking my mind about things I thought was right and wrong when it comes to the political side of Torn, mentioning how some players are known for abusing others and should be kept an eye on instead of staff wasting their resources on me. This was not well received and brought me on the radar for not only staff but other members as well.

This is where Sharkeyfive comes in to the picture.

Before talking about Sharkeyfive we need to have a little backstory.. Both me and KillahJs fathers were big torn players back in the day.. This was before the forums existed and there was no chats or mail available in the game. Back then our dads played Torn at the same time as Sharkeyfour played the game (sharkeyfive’s dad) and our fathers was so much stronger than him. The sharkey vs killahj and sharpmid family feud have gone back several centuries and the reason why have been lost during the generations. Anyway what happened with my dad and sharkeyfour was that my dad was so much stronger than him and forced him into paying a weekly fee of 126m to not constantly mug and attack him which he agreed to. The will was later passed on to sharkeyfive who refused to pay up the fee and that's where the feud started once more.

KillahJ mentions his father's story which goes something like this regarding the feud:

but i remember how the feud came to be between the legacy vs the sharkey's... they say it happened over 1000 years ago now... the sharks and the legacy used to live simultaneously in peace and prosperity, side by side... hand in hand, making the world a better place.... but the sharks got greedy and started wanting more and more, the envy the sharks had towards the legacy was strong... so the legacy exiled the sharks and made the woman and children sharks work for us



Really heartwarming story.. Anyway sharkeyfive noticed that we had been corrupted by greed and our money got to our head which he abused. He used the time we spent out with friends on training and grew stronger than us and later took that to his advantage.

Discussion topic: Which family do you think is right in this scenario? Sharkeys or KillahJ and SharpMids?

Moving on from the topic of history most of the people reading this are excited for me to speak about my ban and what actually happen.. Well this is the reason great artists like me gets so easily pissed off! I already wrote in one of the first sentences of this thread what the reason was and how I felt about it. Moving on once again I want to speak a little bit about the current state of the forums and the community as a whole.. Right now we all know that Torn as a game is in shambles and the point of recovery is fading day by day.. No One ever have proposed a good way to resurrect Torn other than ban DUDE ban M16 and forums will be so much greater again.. Well that's just a load of bullshit because soon as they are gone the threads I can read on the forums are just complete nonsense about stuff we already know.. 99% of the threads that arrive when DUDE took a break from the forums was basically reposts from the bulletin board section of the forum.. Do you think this is better? Do you think that this is more interesting content??? GET A GRIP

Discussion Topic: Do you actually think thats the content that should be on the front page of GD?

During my self exile of the forums (I wasn’t banned for 18 months I self exiled) I did a lot of brainstorming.. I thought day and night over the issue Torn is facing and day after day my thoughts became harder to focus on because I see more and more stuff being added to Torn day by day.. Instead of following the users request of having a better rule page in the game so we actually understand what is allowed and whats not we get more rules added which is completely ambiguous, they can be interpreted in several different ways.. I myself have been a victim of this several times, one example was when I asked poptop if it was okay to post what I posed to get me banned where she on purpose used more complex english that what I could understand with my small Swedish vocabulary. Just today I got the memo that a Torn user by the name of Deklarn or Defloran had actually ATTACKED the staff of Torn and actually got the threat from Cheeto himself about deletion of his account.. Is this actually sane?! I don’t think so..

Discussion Topic: Is that threat Cheeto made actually sane?

Perhaps it's all staged since we know Cheeto likes drama. Moving on I have always argued that staff should NOT be allowed to play the game because it gives them not only an in-game advantage since they know more about what's going on in the community and when its going on but now apparently they have another advantage over normal users that they can ACTUALLY ask for not being attacked or bountied… What is the point of letting staff play the game if they have that much of an advantage over other players? We might as well make staff so that we normal users cannot attack them and they can give themselves infinite stats and money since they are already so much above us normals.

Discussion Topic: Should normal users be allowed to attack staff?

Besides this I have heard rumors going around Torn that some Torn user have actually created his own crypto currency called “Torn Coin”, note that this is just a rumor and I don’t have a valid source. I would appreciate if the user behind Torn coin could step forward and visit me for an recorded interview. Something I want to note regarding Torn coin is that I think this sounds very interesting since this brings another currency into the game (Something that we should have a long time ago). Imagine this, we can travel around the world in this game but we always shop in dollars, that's not how the real world works.. We users actually want it to be more realistic so that you have to exchange your torn currency into for example yen to shop in Japan.. This would not only make the game more fun but also stop big monopoly factions to drop the market price.

Discussion Topic: Should this new founded “Torn Coin” be allowed on Torn or would this be considered RMT?

Me coming back to Torn I have missed a LOT of drama and news.. Today when reading the daily Torn newspaper I actually was about to throw up at the content the newspaper actually is releasing.. We actually had an article about jailings in Torn stating how there was noone in the Torn jail and all it  featured was some dumb google image.. IS THAT SANE? I don’t think so.. It even just was a temporary thing that there was noone in the jail so its simply just dumb.. Where did the interesting articles go like the interviews with unique players or the Pink Purple elimination drama where Duke lost his mind and abused the entire game out of his mind?

Discussion Topic: Is this the news that we are going to settle with in the new newspaper?

I have had a lot of discussion with the top dogs of the game such as Evil-Duck, Dude & KillahJ and while I actually am the official traitor of TRT The redeem team we actually get along quite well.. What I usually like to say about friendships like this is that its like a ice cream in the sun during a nice summer day.. Simply freaking great. Speaking of great.. We all saw that Torn added their own official discord server.. Unfortunately the link did not direct the Torn users to the actual official discord server ran by me and DUDE but to some other server that Cheeto put together.. Here's a funny story regarding my first visit to the Unofficial official Torn discord… I woke up in the morning and started my computer which in fact is custom manufactured by request I made to microsoft which at the time collaborated with google to handmade make my machine that is only capable of running Torn in 4K graphics. I visited the forums and noticed something important, of course it was another torn bulletin message but this time something different, it wasnt useless patch notes again pushing up the release date for crimes 5.0 but it was a statement that some discord server had been opened.. I get so frustrated that I had to throw my LCD LED prototype google glasses through the window because Cheeto stole the discord spotlight. I immediately log in to discord on my other computer (Handmade to only run discord in 4k graphics (made by amazon and alibaba)) and sign up to join the torn discord.. What am I greeted with? Some ****ing old guy  by the name of Gerorge DMs me out of nowhere asking me to verify my Torn account.. I get a little bit confused thinking who the hell is this random guy asking me stuff is he trying to fish for my real life info? Anyway I follow his request and attempt to verify my email and suddenly i get all sorts of notifications in my discord computer, i verify but I am still restricted within the torn discord.. I think to myself WHAT THE HELL i just did what greg asked for now what do they want.. So i ask within the general chat what the hell I did wrong and I get a message from some random guy telling me that i'm stupid and that I had to click the link.. I get a little bit more frustrated and click the verification link that geff sends me ONCE MORE and still nothing.. By this time i'm actually red as a tomato in the face about to burst so I write calmly asking what the hell they are doing in that discord when their peasant gregor is not working as he should by not confirming my account and suddenly… BOOM. My account was permanently banned by Cheeto.

Discussion Topic: Was this a rightful ban by the torn administration?

Moving on I want to once more pick up the pace about what's going on in Torn. We have factions in the game that is currently inactive and myself who is the rightful owner and leader of the brand SharpMinds a very successful faction going from 5k respect to 500k respect in 2 weeks know very well how a faction should be managed is currently so poorly managed. I think that there should be some kind of penalty for people using factions only for the purpose of banking. That is simply cheating. I did change my name from SharpMid to SharpSharkey5 just to blend in with the Sharkey family.. This did not work I don't recommend you trying it. But let me tell you something if you’re still reading.. here is the important part: I AM NOT GOING TO BEND TO SHARKEY and so is not TMB either. We stand our ground and our combined net worth is way higher than the peasant sharkey's so he will simply have to watch out because I can hire Bodybagger who also is a TMB member by heart to attack him over and over again. Sharkey still has rl pictures of me posted on his website.. I have contacted the webmaster of his deviantart page but it turned out that actually it's Sharkeyfive who owns the page so there is nothing I can do to get them removed. After my real life picture got out to the masses of Torn I was forced to lie to the community to hide my sexuality.. I feel ashamed for doing so so this is why I am officially coming out as heterosexual..

I actually had to take a break from writing this thread after that sentence because there is such a powerful message behind it.

Discussion Topic: Should we accept ourselves for who we are and if so what is the best way of doing so?

Coming back to Torn city as a free man, ex con as many other Torn users since you know what they say on the street(WALL_St taught me this in voice when I was in his faction): “If you never got a ban then you’re no one.” I have a few plans of how to pursue my career as a Torn user. First of all I have started a constructive business called SharpMid Productions where I am producing video content in the form of bringing new light to Torn city, show the interesting side of Torn which may bring new users into the game. I have also started a new 16k step program called “Adopt your own Noob” which is an answer to the not so constructive program that the Torn user Kapten Klister posted by the name of “Adopt your own Multi”. I think this will allow us all to see a new way of playing the game instead of just shitposting and making people angry. My first type of content is going to be some detective videos where I investigate the hidden corners of the Torn community followed by my own Tornographies where I will run a much more interesting format where we sit down with the user the Tornography is about and let them answer the questions in person. These videos will run a 10 minute format and the first guest is Cheeto himself but its canceled since he banned me from his discord for no reason other than I think that he saw my irl pics or just have something against me.

Discussion Topic: Will SharpMinds SharpMid be able to bring new life in Torn?

Last and final section of this thread is a message to MarlonBrando.. You have not answered a single mail from me.. I consider this disrespect and that is why I will now go to personal war with you. You’re on the list so you better prepare yourself for bounties because they ain't going to stop. And for all what I care I will attack the rest of your faction as well and once and for all bury AOW in the dirt.

 

NOTE: Spelling is like above average compared to my other threads since I used a 3rd computer which has built in spellcheck to write this thread.

 

Last Discussion Topic (A bit silly): Have you missed the very own SharpMinds SharpMid in the forums?
Gone- [1703669]

[image: thetipsyverse.com]



but i remember how the feud came to be between the legacy vs the sharkey's... they say it happened over 1000 years ago now... the sharks and the legacy used to live simultaneously in peace and prosperity, side by side... hand in hand, making the world a better place.... but the sharks got greedy and started wanting more and more, the envy the sharks had towards the legacy was strong... so the legacy exiled the sharks and made the woman and children sharks work for us

This would sell more copies than a jk rowling novel 
AtmosFear [2088212]

TL;DR 

Wait is this Sharpmid? My account is less than 18 months old but i still remember this horror from a while back?
SharpMid [1833276]

Yes it sure is me. Welcome to my thread, now please pick a discussion topic and lets talk about what I had to say.
SharpMid [1833276]

Care to elaborate how the forums are getting better when I have an entire discussion topic providing several arguments to why its going downhill ?
SharpMid [1833276]

Guys please refrain from posting weird images and gifs when the thread contains several valid discussion topics. If you don't want to read the entire thread please atleast read one paragraph above the discussion topic that fits you. There is a lot of productive discussion to be made here today.
SharpMid [1833276]

1) Learn english so I don't have to decrypt your posts to try figure out what you're trying to say.

2) You can take your personal oppinion of me and stick it up where the sun don't shine.

3) One of the discussion topics reads "Should we accept ourselves for who we are and if so what is the best way of doing so?" I am accepting myself and the way I am. The way I am doing this is by shrugging off oppinions like yours coming from no other basis than follow that what everyone else is thinking.



Get your own oppinions.