Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Google play store

Started by Louis_de_Pointe [1963196] on in General Discussion.

39 replies · 585 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I have asked a direct question to the people in charge about this on q and a. 

And there is a suggestion for it so run over there and click upvote (this sentence was a plug for it i admit).

This is a poll asking on General discussion on would you as a player buy donator packs on Google play store?



 
Butters [34298]

Once upon a time you used to be able to buy DP's with your Google balance, but that was killed off a while ago and it's not coming back if I recall Ched's musings on it at the time correctly.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

For additional information on my end I will be using google play cards for gaming and want to contribute to the games I play. 

In Torn that will mean buying DPacks or equivalent with them.

My current ' debt' as it were to Torn is $150 to put in plus extra over the months ahead.


Beerstein [1322136]

It'd be a good idea to have the option. May be able to make a deal with google to add it if they feature Torn (which is a pretty big deal)
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

Google stopped offering the service for web based digital goods.

But then again Torn did not have an app back then. I assume it should be possible to add a "buy DP" option in the app now... 
Butters [34298]

It may not be that simple - to begin Ched classes payments as "donations" which aren't permitted with in-app purchasing.

Then there's the rather messy issue with there not actually being any game content in the app - the google play monetization guidelines are fairly prescriptive in terms of any purchases in-game needing to be consumed within the app itself (I have doubts about whether google would see another website as being part of the "app").

Monetization policy is here for anyone that may be interested: https://play.google.com/about/monetization-ads/
KermodeBear [2011760]

I would.

I use that Google Opinion Rewards thing and I have almost $30 sitting in there. Browsing the Google Play Store I don't see anything I want, so the money just sits.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

It depends if that income would came in anyway, or if it is income Torn would not get otherwise.

Also the price can always change to reflect that and maintain the bottom line. It would still be an option for those that refuse the others.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

A lot per purchase or a lot directly to Ched / Torn bank account ?

If it's charged per purchase I wouldn't mind paying the extra ( pending how much extra per purchase).