Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat box issues

Started by Litzy [2093251] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 57 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

Litzy [2093251]

I started noticing yesterday that my faction chat box kept lighting up green but upon clicking it there was no new chat. Closed it down and it kept being green. I restarted my browser and there was lots of new chat.

I brushed it off as being caused by having two tabs open.

This morning I checked faction chat on my phone and there was no new chat since last night, but upon opening on the PC there was plenty.

Now ivI' just checked on my phone and the chat seems to have frozen again

I've checked with the faction and it seems they are having similar issues.
Shandurai [25719]

Yup, same issues over here! When Im on PC/ Laptop chat box lights up but no new conversations. When I'm on mobile it says something along the lines of "connecting to server" and doesn't load.
someotheradmin [1748048] Tester

>chat box lights up but no new conversations.

this one is not a bug. It's tracked on the client side, not on the server side.

 

>kept lighting up green but upon clicking it there was no new chat.

It's possible due the chats haven't connected to the server yet. Is there any error messages in the chatboxes (you need to wait for 20 seconds or so)? 

also please PM me a link from this page https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

 
Litzy [2093251]

I get no error messages when it happens... the chat just doesn't refresh.

I've had sometimes where it says that chat couldn't connect or is currently refreshing but I'm getting no such messages
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor

The issues only happens once in a while for me, and resolves itself very quickly. Especially when I am using two different devices.
Quilogy [2083745]

Mine has been acting really funky lately too.  I've also had the non-refreshing chat issue.

In addition, I've also had chat notifications that refuse to go away, ie I get the notifications every time I click a page, but no new messages have been sent.  They just keep popping back in.  

 
Scrapz [2111630]

I used to have similar situations on my laptop when i had addons such as ads blocker. it completely disabled the chats and would show connecting to server
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor

Wait. no I am noticing something: City, Racing (so far) both seem to store the history differently: I can constantly refresh those pages, and the chats would remain green, even though i toggled the chats on a separate page. The moment i toggle the chat on that page, and refresh, the "history of being read" is stored ONLY FOR THAT PAGE: meaning that if i toggle City, Racing would still have the chat issue, and vice versa.