Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Joining the Wall

Started by Rum4nyby [1567187] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 140 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Rum4nyby [1567187]

I've seen this happen a lot today (since I'm in a territory war). Sometimes, myself and enemies alike, join the wall and the counter starts off at a negative number. The number I usually see is -5 or -6. I feel like this probably isn't supposed to work like this. Tried screenshotting but I'm too slow :/

The bug doesn't happen all the time, as I do see people joining the wall with 0 points, but it does happen frequently enough that I thought I should raise the issue.

Also, I've noticed something else. When assaulting a territory, if your faction is earning points towards it, those points are updated per second (or whatever time frame it is, seems like it's per second), but when defending a territory and pushing back, the points don't decrease in the same manner. There seems to be a little lag in the points decrease. This isn't a connectivity issue on my end as my internet has been working perfectly fine the entire day and others in the faction have also reported this after I asked in faction chat. 

These are the 2 issues I'm experiencing for now.

EDIT: Thought I should clarify in case it wasn't clear. In the 2nd paragraph, I'm talking about the total points for the faction (that fat bar on top that says X/Y points).
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

As for the 1st issue, I've tried to join territory war about 20 times and every time point counter starts from 0 or 1 depending on the point counter period. Please check if this issue is still there.

As for the 2nd issue, I can assure that the war score is the difference between number of attackers and defenders. And this difference is being taken every second. So increasing and decreasing score goes in the same way.
Rum4nyby [1567187]

I've been in a couple territory wars and this issue hasn't popped up for a while, so perhaps it has been fixed? Haven't been in one for a while though and I've also sort of forgotten what happened when I was in my last one, so lets see what happens with that.

I can say though, the 2nd issue is still there. The war score is always calculated properly, there's no issues with that. When the war score is increasing, it increases per second, which is fine. The issue is for the war score decreasing. It doesn't decrease per second, rather it decreases in chunks (every couple of seconds sometimes, upto 15 seconds is what I've experienced).
WalkingTarget [2077507]
Issue one is something that I'd noticed several times when joining walls going back to January this year.

I thought that was just how the system worked so never really thought twice about it. If it's any help I believe I've seen this more frequently when I'm trying to return to a spot on the wall after just being knocked off it.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff
[background color=#f2f2f2]Also, I've noticed something else. When assaulting a territory, if your faction is earning points towards it, those points are updated per second (or whatever time frame it is, seems like it's per second), but when defending a territory and pushing back, the points don't decrease in the same manner. There seems to be a little lag in the points decrease. This isn't a connectivity issue on my end as my internet has been working perfectly fine the entire day and others in the faction have also reported this after I asked in faction chat.
[/background]
It was fixed and will be added to the prod tomorrow.
As for the negative numbers, I have another report for that and I'll fix it soon.