Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Real conversations

Started by Wollongong [12833] on in General Discussion.

20 replies · 321 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Wollongong [12833]

Over the years, I have talked with hundreds, if not thousands on here. Mostly about the game (trading, threatening or exchanging info), some about non game topics and every now and then about Real Topics and life. Some of these talks have helped my give direction to life outside of Torn.

These talks are rare though, as TPB Wollongong remembers TO incidents happening over online games and is wary to share personal details.

In 2010, talks here helped me overcome a broken heart.

Have you had any REAL conversations here, about REAL life topics? What does it take to trust someone online? Or do you only speak to people you know offline too? What talk had the biggest impact on your life?
Icy [2926]

I have real conversations with certain people. I've known some people here over 10 years, trust takes time.
l496 [2117340]

I have and it's wonderful to have such comfort and good conversations with people physically out of reach. I just take a leap of faith honestly. 
APOLLO [862724]

Yes, a conversation with my faction leader stopped me from smashing a glass into someone’s face whilst playing two up at a casino 

would have had a negative outcome if I had proceeded
A_Mean_Person [1631303]

Bit harsh but quite as much my thoughts exactly.

Not that i can't talk about real life, or even my life, but nothing of any meaning or consequence.
manic [1554958]

I get a real conversation about important issues like football, how crap our lives generally are, what we'd do if we won the lottery, how we hate our bosses/colleagues, how fantastic a breakfasts was, debating the state of economy etc every Friday when I go to the pub.

We tend to enjoy this conversation so much so it tends to be forgotten by the time I waken up on Saturday morning so we repeat it all over again the following Friday...
Clemmy_Leya [1796163]

Yeah I had / have some people who I can talk to about real life with all the beautiful but also dark sides. It was a bit surprising finding people in this game who share thoughts over specific topics and life. 

 

 
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Don't forget your father in law's poopy house which caused him to annoy your tv watching habits.