Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

InvalidAlgorithmParameterException (trustAnchors)

Started by Harry_Brown [1470023] on in Bugs & Issues.

67 replies · 627 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

-rufus- [2079947]

Same issue for me. I don't understand all the technical stuff, though. I'll subscribe just in case something pops up that I understand.


Martin-Schafer [1703821]

citywatch is my main application I use it daily to login. tried reinstalling it twice uninstall and reinstall and java updates .so im asking staff if it can be addressed soon as possible as this is a real issue for me affecting my everyday gameplay creating me a lot of bother just to login to the game. ever since the most recent attack on torn I have had these problems after staff said they are closing the loopholes fixing the security.


PMV [1577993]

Similar issue. City Watch worked for a few refreshes, then went yellow and says "refresh failed". Closing and opening it again causes it to work (displays green icon, stats show up) for a short time again before failing again.

Java installed version: 1.8.0_171

CW version: 2.0.6
MadHatter [486416]

I've been having a lot of problems with CityWatch, too. For the last many, many months, I have to login via the Messages or Events buttons, as "Play" won't log me in on the first attempt. Annoying at first, but I adapted. Not a huge deal.

Over the past week/two weeks, I've started having other issues. First, CW seems to have a hard time staying connected to the server. The taskbar icon is almost always yellow, and there's a substantial delay between in-game events and CW notifications. Not a huge deal, since if I have CW open, I likely have Torn open as well.

The other issue is a bit more frustrating. CityWatch will randomly refuse to open. I occasionally close it out because it causes my integrated graphics card to whine (not an app issue, it's a known problem specific to my laptop), and then restart the program. Every now and then, it won't open back up. The program just won't execute. I just sat here with Task Manager open and tried to open the program several times in a row (not gonna lie, I got pissed and spam-clicked the taskbar shortcut after the first few failed attempts), and literally nothing happened. Nothing tried to utilize any of my computer resources.

I had CityWatch running "normally" (as normal as it runs these days) no more than 10 minutes ago, before closing it to kill the coil whine. Now it won't open back up. When this happens, I have to restart my computer to get it to run (which always works). The problem could very well be on my end, but I've not had any hardware changes or significant software changes, and everything else is running normally.

[image: www.freeimage.us]

This was just a few moments ago, while I was online (I bit the bullet and restarted my computer to get the app running)
GrumpaDirt [1257609]

I am having these exact same problems in the same time frames. Most recently the new one where its always yellow and only randomly green and working. The not taking me directly into game from the Play button affected me the same. Annoying at first, but I got used to it. Sometimes I have to hit it 3 times before it actually logs me in. 

Win 10 all up to date on my end. 



https://prnt.sc/jm9vp8
Sneaky [1138769]

exact same error on my end, citywatch randomly yellow and cannot connect upon pressing play. sometimes it's green. it hasnt automatically logged me in in months either but I assumed that change happened with a tc update or something. 
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The new issues are likely to do with cloudflare protection, we had to increase it for the citywatch API due to attacks.

For those losing connection occasionally - what country are you in?