TLDR AT BOTTOM
So today is my parent's anniversary IRL and I will spare you the sappy details of how my step dad literally saved my family's life and how amazing both my mom and step-dad have been to me IRL. BUT thinking of this day also makes me think of Torn, because Torn is life, amirite? Discussion topic: who are your Torn "parents"? Who has been there for you, thick and thin? Who showed you the ropes? Who showed you the light of how in depth this game can be? Who has supported you through even real life bullshit even through "just" an internet friendship? Who have you fallen in love with? Who in Torn has given you amazing music suggestions, taught you a new language, picked you up when youre down, been your text buddy during drunken nights, added you on snapchat to share fun adventures, or motivated you both ingame and IRL?
I started this game knowing absolutely NOTHING, like a vast majority of us. We all started with no money in our pockets and jsut a shack to live in. But at some point, we met another Torn citizen who has pointed us in the direction of our, now, second lives!
My very first game friends are hard to remember, even being only a bit older than 400 days. Despite that, I will always remember the day I joined and gained leadership of my faction. I joined a random faction called "the flying Dutchman" when it only had 45k respect. I had no idea what being in a faction meant. I actually didn't know what the word "faction" meant, considering I didn't used to be much of a gamer. Clearly, the leader of this faction had no idea what he was doing either and after being in my faction 30(ish) days, I was randomly transferred leadership role. I cant even remember who the original leader was, but little did i know at the time, he gave me a position that ended up changing my life SO much, obviously for the better.
When given said faction, like i said, I had no clue what a faction even was. I just knew that I should be a part of one for the game. I know now that my faction is pretty low level on the respect scale and in terms of advancing super fast in-game. BUT, after asking a thousand questions to randoms and plenty of google searches, I slowly started to learn what factions in Torn were. NOW, as still admittedly inexperienced as I am, I cant be more greatly for what I was randomly gifted.
I put on my boots and trucked through the mud for a few months learning what I can about what to do as a faction leader. I actually didn't get very far on my own though. I started random territory wars, thinking this was all it was about. One day, I started a war I definitely could not win. At the time, the faction I was fighting was MFSN. In the middle of this war, Pitbull_Menace sent me a lovely message warning me that if the war continue, they would recruit all my members and completely take over my faction. I didn't know then how attached I was to my leadership roll, but I still messaged him back, desperate for a way to keep what I had and end on good terms. I actually cried to him, begging him to stop hist attack. I admitted that, as a toalnub, I was scared as hell out losing wars or waht wars were even about! Looking back, this is obviously hilarious lol. Anyway, I ended up negotiating with him, Vagag12, and Friggincrab (alll the main guys int hat faction) about coming to good terms giving them my territory, and in exchange: receiving a proper tutorial as far as Factions go.
To this day, I am still leader of this faction. It has changed names a time or two, but generally has hung on to the faithful players of the game. While learning as much as I could from Friggincrab, pitbull_manace, and vagag12, I ended up merging with their faction. Honestly, est decision of my Torn career thus far. I have since learned MANY MANY MANY things about Torn life, faction running, and general online friendship. Of course I am now a member of discord! Between my personal server, my faction server, the lounge, Torns greatest, Destructive Anomaly, Torn City News, and many others, I have gained quite the social life via the internet!
I honestly cant thank enough to the online friends, and now even lover, for the shared knowledge and fun game play! Torn has become a second life to me! Since gaining leadership and merging factions I have gained several thousand respect, unlocked many upgrades, and even just opened a new branch. Many of you will think of these things as small fetes considering your much larger faction and hella high respect....I just cant give up the faction family I have now or my leadership role for such nice things ;) I have truly enjoyed running my faction. Every "small" accomplishment makes me truly happy! Often during my day at work or other events, I find myself logging in to jot down small notes/reminders of ways to improve myself or my faction.
Anyway, being a smaller faction, I see myself as a sort of "parent" to quite a few players. even some that have left t move on to biggerand better things! Mainly, I just wanted to make this post as an appreciation to those who have gotten me to where I am now:
Pitbull_Menace: for threatening me into submission and eventually handing over friggincrab as an amazing co leader to my faction.
Vagag12: for also assisting in the merge of my faction and their faction. Also donating hundreds of millions for training/chaining purposes
FrigginCrab: For being a truly ****ing perfect co leader and very good friend thus far. He picks up the slack when my real life leaves me unable to do so. He has been a great person to me, always helpful, supportive, and generally fun game friend :)
84N3: My now boyfriend, once enemy- for really really showing me thr ropes on many things in Torn, always making sure I'm ok, being a constant support and lover IRL, and all around pretty decent human being.
I'm scared to mention the others because of general hate in forums.... BUT I am a loyal and good friend. I will still mention those loved or hated...........even though this honestly scares me to death lol.
The entire faction of Mentos and Cola: for allowing me to participate in their 10k chain, earning me several merits and an honor bar pls a couple friends :)
Killahj-: for randomly joining my faction gaining a decent amount of respect, and continuing to be a very good friend outside of Torn.
Sharkeyfive: for showing some mercy to my "nub-ness" and now continuing to be a great friend in and out of Torn
TMB: for having a fun and lively friendship via discord and always helping me when needed
SharpSharkey5: for putting up with my bullshit daily and being a good friend despite how ANNOYING I am to him lol. The current tough love is exactly what I need tbh.
DUDE: for being an ACTUAL human being toward me! You guys dont think there is really a person behind the shit posting, but I honestly think he is funny! Its nice to see the face behind the crap ;)
Kata: for being an adorable friend, great source of information, and letting me join in on her chains as well
Lane: Also being a Torn friend, but also showing me kindness via Discord when I had no one else to talk to. He has honestly been very caring towards me and has helped me a few times in and out of Torn.
My entire faction:
- CSCDolphin [1587993]
- Dani_Wasp [2108162]
- Zenmo [2098381]
- FrigginCrab [1949458]
- RixtySanchez [2089373]
- hamid448 [2090974]
- RedSix48 [2066942]
- jaytal [2105516]
- Cracklxz [2088801]
- WestBauer1n [2123456]
- Marchessa [1989518]
- Silver8ack [2123254]
- Lone_God [1926073]
- exevolve [1994739]
- vagag12 [1943010]
- ShizzMcNizz [2078991]
- DeadpoolTheMerc [1886647]
- DarkPheonix360 [1983985]
- FlyGuyTre [1954114]
- xxxprodigy [2050638]
- TeaWrecks [2054473]
- CSCRonday [1882816]
- Pitbull_Menace [162358}
TLDR:
Who has helped you the most in Torn? Who has been your leader/role model here? Who do you owe credit for your success to?
Mentions: BigDolphLuciano [1587993] · C4KTII [2050638] · Cracklxz [2088801] · CSCRonday [1882816] · Dani_Wasp [2108162] · DarkPheonix360 [1983985] · DeadpoolTheMerc [1886647] · exevolve [1994739] · FlyGuyTre [1954114] · FrigginCrab [1949458] · Hamid448 [2090974] · jaytal [2105516] · Lone_God [1926073] · Marchessa [1989518] · Pitbull_Menace [162358] · RedSix48 [2066942] · RixtySanchez [2089373] · ShizzMcNizz [2078991] · Silver8ack [2123254] · TeaWrecks [2054473] · vagag12 [1943010] · WestBauer1n [2123456] · Zenmo [2098381]