Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Official Torn App

Started by Jakiz [611620] on in General Discussion.

26 replies · 309 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Lane [2032144]

Why do you care? and why does this matter at all? If you are such a bright guy maybe you should of went to Ched and came up with a plan to create it yourself. Take a seat pal, no one here cares to hear your shit. 

-Lane
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

It would be fine if it used a little less battery for a glorified browser. This is AFTER I put it into sleep mode so it uses less power:

[image: i.imgur.com]

Before sleeping the app it was using as much power as the damn phone screen! 
Kamatcho [1961108]

At least it's working better then the CityWatch thing.. I expected more but hey, I just use it for notifications and that's all. I like the chrome browser better in the end to play Torn.
Sheyrak [2125456]

It's also rather annoying that the app uses about 60mb in 2 days, while I only use the app to travel in the night and maybe do some crimes. Nothing which would warrant 60mb.

 

Hell, even 10mb would be too much.

 

And since I've installed the app on my phone, the phone has a negative energy balance while being connected to devices like a computer, TV, etc. via USB. Which means the battery goes down faster than it loads through USB.

 

Without the app being open. To be exact: even while the app is over 23 hours in the background task (with notifications OFF, since they are delayed by 5-50 minutes anyway) it uses a bit over triple of the screen-energy. (screen 5%, TORN 16%)

 

I probably won't care much about the absolute waste of data, as soon I get my new internet next week, but the battery waste is still a huge turnoff. It's not impossible that my phone is at 20-40% battery in the morning, while it was close to 100% in the evening.



Edit: Tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if the app had an inbuilt miner.
Vindice [2095379]

Well was thinking about downloading the app since torn uses an unbelievable amount of RAM on my Mac but after reading all these comments....damn, don't want that shit on my phone.
Sheyrak [2125456]

You could try the app, if you have 1-2GB per month of volumen free on your mobile device, or only use it at home and never need your battery truely full.



Edit: Fun fact: just now my smartphone batterymanager warned me that one app is using too much energy. (Torn) 
ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]

Seems there are a few negative issues with this new app.  Think I'll hold off for a bit until its fixed.



Would I have to uninstall the old app before I get the new one?